Hawkesbury - Cowan

abiasin

Hi guys,

Took the :wife: out on the boat for the first time today, and pretty much the first time fishing for her also. Headed out with a mate from work and his partner to find great conditions waiting for us.

After we sorted some minor boating problems we were on the water round 5 30am and headed to the back of dangar island for a bit of a fish.

Not long there we started to burley and the fish came to the party, bream after bream were landed with unfortunately only 1 being legal at 30cm exactly, the rest a whisker under 25cm. Thats when the the girlfriend hooked this nice flattie which i forgot to measure but its decent in my books.

post-1830-1160806175_thumb.jpg

about five minutes before the flattie she pulled in this little breambo being her first fish ever which went back in the drink.

post-1830-1160806278_thumb.jpg

From there we ventured over to cowan where my mate tryed to get some nippers for bait while we fished the edge of a dropoff with weed all round. Again we berleyed and within five mins we had pinkies, bream and whiting all wanting a feed, unfortunatley they again were undersize so therefore released. The water was a warm 20.5 degrees in cowan so i took it as my cue to go for a swim with the millions of little baitfish under the boat.

From there we headed to pittwater to downrig some squid and after one pass at the moorings decided to call it a day as the heat was taking its toll on the little lady.

All in all it has to be one of the best days ive spent on the water in a long time thats for sure, too many fish not enough hands, its a shame they were undersize.

Thats all folks.

Edited by Kingies till i die

MATE,

Bream only have to be 35cm,hope you didnt throw some that you could of ate away.

good tho see you had a good day,

looks like the prawns worked

great report, just wondering was it choppy at all?

ohh bream have to be 25cm don't they? not 35

That little fish in the second photo, which you refer to as a bream is actually a Tarwhine.

Tarwhine do look similar to bream however have a distinctive more rounded head and the bright yellow pectral fins. They are easily mistaken for bream.

Tarwhine - legal size is 20cm

Bag limit of 20.

Cheers

NJS.

That little fish in the second photo, which you refer to as a bream is actually a Tarwhine.

Tarwhine do look similar to bream however have a distinctive more rounded head and the bright yellow pectral fins. They are easily mistaken for bream.

Tarwhine - legal size is 20cm

Bag limit of 20.

Cheers

NJS.

damn it we threw a million of those back smack bang on 20cm.

Yes watto the prawns definately did the trick today, pillies and squid worked well too but the prawns were killing it.

It was flat as a tack out there, not even any swell coming in through the heads domza, wouldav been a great day outside today with light 5-10 nw winds.

Actually today was hard work outside. Spent the first couple of hours at Boultons but very little there. Used most baits but very little. Wind seem to die down mid morning but started to pick up after that morning and headed to near Juno areas for some bream. Tried 3 spots, but ended up at the end of the day behind lion island for some reef fish.

Nice day though on the water

Steve B