Sydney Sat 14th Oct

offtap1

Hit Middle Harbour early for some live yellow tail. Got a few when Caiges Bait Rod gets a good bend in it 4lb line with live bait rig. He took his time and with my mouth wide open netted a 48 cm John Dory. Not Bad Eh. Rest of day was Quiet even with trip to long reef . Current running way to strong. CHEERS Dave

post-1870-1160809768_thumb.jpg

Edited by offtap1

Hit Middle Harbour early for some live yellow tail. Got a few when Caiges Bait Rod gets a good bend in it 4lb line with live bait rig. He took his time and with my mouth wide open netted a 50 cm John Dory. Not Bad Eh. Rest of day was Quiet even with trip to long reef . Current running way to strong. CHEERS Dave

post-1870-1160809768_thumb.jpg

Dave submit that John Dory into the Fishraider records :thumbup:

Cheers Stewy

great catch there for the son mate shame there wasnt much else for you out there. how were the conditions out of the harbour mate i was in broken bay and it was heavenly no wind or swell and 20.5 degree water.

Hey mate the wind was constant but mostly Nor West but still sloppy and a decent swell we headed back in 12pm when wind started to change to Easterly. Water at 20 Degrees at Wave Rider

Nice Dory there Dave, well done :thumbup:

Hows the new rig coming along??

Thanks mate, The boat is long way off only just started, will post progress pics in next couple of weeks.

Well done Caige , that is a very memorable fish!!

Sounds like your day was a bit on the quiet side Dave , Albert and I went out today , trolled for naught , I caught a trev at Sow and Pigs , then caught what seemed like every undersized snapper in the harbour ( about a dozen of the little buggers !) Still a great day out , not too hot , water was a bit choppy at times , but not a great deal of wind .

Ross

Never caught a dory in my life. How hard do they pull? and are they around in numbers?

cheers Kelvin

Dont know about numbers. It did give him a bit of stick , i was amased to see the tiny hook with the tiniest piece of squid on for cathing live bait hold together, though it did almost straighten it. First time id ever seen one caught. Yeh and it was a good feed. Cheers Dave