Pittwater 16.10

Trouble

This morning i finally got my boat in the water for a fish after buying it two weeks ago,i was so eager to get down there i ended up having a shocking start to the day, i wont go into to details but i returned home on 3 occasions to pick up a few things which are neccesary when boating. :mad3::ranting2::074: an yes i remembered to put the bungs in :074: thank god, i only had to drive 5 mins away from the boat ramp to home but it was still a friggin hassle...

Anyways on the fishing front, Headed strait to the squiding grounds, picked up 3..Tried a few usualy kings spots but to no avail, so the call was to go for a cruise and sus out a few new spots. Between spots we came across a few birds working what i thought were tailor, I decided to get out a popper and give it a go..Before i knew it i saw the back of a rat king hunt down the popper and i was on, after a good fun tussle he was released..Ended up chasing the boils around for hour or so and boated 6 (all legal), with the biggest going 78cm..Only reason i stoped was because my reel karked it big time on the last fish, funny thing is that it had just been in for a service and it looks like it will be back in there this arvo...Kept two for the table :biggrin2:

Possibly the funnest form of fishing i have ever done, seeing them take that lure put me in absolute aww at times, good times!! :thumbup:

p.s sorry for the shocking pic, not really a photo person,ill try an smile next time :whistling: !!

post-76-1160977359_thumb.jpg

Well done mate, a couple of mates lent my boat today and went into pittwater and had trouble finding squid, they came home with zip.

DO you have a 40 yamma on the white centre console

Edited by netic

Well done mate, a couple of mates lent my boat today and went into pittwater and had trouble finding squid, they came home with zip.

DO you have a 40 yamma on the white centre console

i wish had that setup, ive got white quiny with a 35 on the back, well today the squid did jack all for us, All fish were caught on poppers, i think it was just about being in the right area at the right time..

Nice work there! :biggrin2: I just hope those kings don't get taken out by the pros this time.

cheers Kelvin

Preety sure we saw two boats netting near palmy, it made me quite furious but obvisouly you cant do much about it, they were both working the area in tandem on the edge of the weed beds, looked like one boat was spooking fish into a big net or something but not %100.. i got a fairly dirty look from the captain when i motored up close to see what they were doing.. :ranting2:

The squid where caught up around the palmy area!!

Well done trouble. Thats an awesome session

I fished sydney harbour today. Managed 3 small squid (one of which was only about ten cm) around the heads. Downrigged them for nothing for an hour or two. Eventually the tiny one got scoffed by a big solid43cm tailor. Disapointing day..

Once again goon on ya for those results, wish my day was like that

F@#$ just as the fishing gets good the pros come to ruin the party :1badmood: ! They only have the rest of the pacific ocean to make a living from!! WHy can't they just leave a few areas of the ocean for us. It was like this last year!!!cheers Kelvin

Great work Robbie, nice fish!!

How's that new boat of yours going - are you happy with it?

JDS, Clive and I had a good look around it when we were down with your dad two weeks ago. You want to watch out though, JDS has got his eyes on it.

Rod

Great work Robbie, nice fish!!

How's that new boat of yours going - are you happy with it?

JDS, Clive and I had a good look around it when we were down with your dad two weeks ago. You want to watch out though, JDS has got his eyes on it.

Rod

hey rod, yeah the boat seems to running really smooth and im enjoying every minute of it so yeah preety damn happy with it,besides the fact i allready want a another exrta 20hp on it :074: !! haha yeah i heard about john was quite keeen on it, a wheel lock should keep him at bay for the moment.. :biggrin2: