Thieves @ Patonga

Guest DV8

Hi raiders

Just a quick note to warn everyone of thieves at Patonga.

The window of my pajero was smashed a coup-le of weeks ago and the would be thieves went through my car. It was between 5pm and 9pm mid week, and a mate informs me now that it is not uncommon for the delinquents from Umina to frequent these sort of spots looking for an easy grab to go and score drugs with. Lucky there was nothing to steel. Also lucky was the fact that my window was insured with no excess as the glazier informed me it would have cost $280 to replace. Its such a bummer because the ramp is so close to our two favourite jew spots - Flint and Steel and Juno. Lets look out for each other's cars and trailers

Cheers

Davo

That's a bummer Davo but luckily your not out of pocket.

You'd like to catch the little bastards :bash: but then the ways the laws are these days you'd be in more trouble than them. Mind you there's plenty of big sharks up that way and you could always troll them for a bitey :whistling: no one would know.

I FREQUENT PATONGA FOR A FEED AND I VE COME ACROSS PLENTY OF SUSS LOOKING FELLAS DOWN THERE AND DEFINATELY A FEW DRUGO PEOPLE DOWN THERE, AS IVE BEEN ASKED SEVERAL TIMES IF I WAS AFTER ANYTHING.

MAYBE TRY PARKING IN THE STREETS IN THE FUTURE AS ITS ONLY A SHORT STROLL TO THE BOAT RAMP YET IN THE SAFETY OF THE NEIGHBOURHOOD

Its a sign of the times sorry to say.Some of the guys from our club had their windows smashed at Parsley Bay ramp a few months ago, They obviously were not the only ones going by all the broken glass in the parking area.Also some dodgy types around the ramp at Mooney Mooney, my mate found his car up on blocks one night on his return.I often use the Dolphin ramp for this reason ,but $12 is getting a bit steep for a ramp fee.I guess we just have to start looking out for each other more.

It doesnt seem to matter where you leave your car/ trailer , malicious behaviour by lowlifes like these has no boundaries , it could happen just as easily at Rose Bay as at Parsley Bay. Always , keep valuables out of sight , even a CD can be enough bait for these bottom dwelling scum ! :1badmood: Sorry to hear of your misfortune DV8 , I also have a Pajero , and I know replacing glass on them is not a cheap thing to do !

Ross

Guys, it may not be close but Akuna Bay has security guards at night, it does cost $11 to enter the park or $60 (i think) for a years pass. That is cheap compared to the damage and inconvenience of repair.

Hi Harold and all raiders

Are you allowed to be in the national park (at Applae tree bay) at night?. Last I heard (a few years ago) was that the park closed at night and you could be fined for being there?

Cheers

Davo

your allwoed in the park but you will be locked in at ATB. the rangers do come through in the mornings and do charge you with another $11 charge for the new day.

no fines.

i think they close the gates at sunset and re open them at sunrise

Hi raiders

Just a quick note to warn everyone of thieves at Patonga.

The window of my pajero was smashed a coup-le of weeks ago and the would be thieves went through my car. It was between 5pm and 9pm mid week, and a mate informs me now that it is not uncommon for the delinquents from Umina to frequent these sort of spots looking for an easy grab to go and score drugs with. Lucky there was nothing to steel. Also lucky was the fact that my window was insured with no excess as the glazier informed me it would have cost $280 to replace. Its such a bummer because the ramp is so close to our two favourite jew spots - Flint and Steel and Juno. Lets look out for each other's cars and trailers

Cheers

Davo

I had my 4wd broken into last season at Parsley Bay (Brooklyn) I am not sure wheather it will help or not but the little buggers popped the hood and as luck would have it, stole a brand new 750 cca battery from under the bonnet. (Real big bastard)

The tip is that if one drives a 4wd, see if you can harness the battery as the kids know that 4wd's have great batterys. There not very smart as they broke my quarter window, yet the drivers side door is broken and was un-locked.(Another great vehicle in my fleet)

What was really disturbing , is that they tossed my Cannon camera and a 200mm zoom across the carpark in disinterest. Couldn't give a damn. Just went for the battery.

Regards,

Stumpy

That's bad luck about your window mate and I know exactly how you feel.

These scum bags are everywhere. I got my car broken into down at the Nepean Bass fishing one night and then someone ran into my car right outside my house and just took off.

They're everywhere - Bastards.... :ranting2::ranting2: