Success On The Sand

humesy

Thought it was time for a change of pace tonight. My back is telling me to give the lil tinnie a rest for a while so I thought I'd hit the beach. First stop was the spit with the aim of catching some bait, tailor, yakkas or squid. Absolutely dead down there. Not even the toadies were interested in my berley.

The mission was somewhat disorganised. Suddenly realised i was missing my knife and head torch. Picked up a new knife at fish outa water and as it was 5.30 on sunday evening, i had to settle for a $2.95 torch from a discount store in Dee Why.

Anyway, in keeping with my entry into the murky and secretive world of the jewie fisherman, I won't name the beach. Suffice to say it has featured recently and seems to be fishing well.

Caught a 30cm tailor using a servo pillie at about 6.00 and he was butterflied and sent back out to the suds. he wasn't out there for long. I had the 6500 in baitrunner mode and threw it into gear after about 5 seconds and it's game on. :biggrin2:

This was about the time i was wishing i had my new petzl torch on my head. It was totally dark and the tussle lasted a good five minutes. I recently learned a hard lesson up at Harrington about not trying to drag a big fish through the shorebreak. This guy had several runs in him and didn't want to touch the sand. kept the tip up and let him run as long as he wanted to. Finally, with a very excitable chinese lady looking on, he was left absolutely spent on the beach. :yahoo:

he is 95cm and close to 10kgs i think allthough i stand to be corrected on this

Cheers everyone, I am one happy chappy!

post-1006-1161553351_thumb.jpg

Edited by humesy

Guest IFishSick.

Beauty, I am stilllllllllll yet to land a Jewfish and can't wait until I do.

Top stuff, bugger about the head torch. Me old man uses a Petzl they're great little torches when you're out there in the black.

Thought it was time for a change of pace tonight. My back is telling me to give the lil tinnie a rest for a while so I thought I'd hit the beach. First stop was the spit with the aim of catching some bait, tailor, yakkas or squid. Absolutely dead down there. Not even the toadies were interested in my berley.

The mission was somewhat disorganised. Suddenly realised i was missing my knife and head torch. Picked up a new knife at fish outa water and as it was 5.30 on sunday evening, i had to settle for a $2.95 torch from a discount store in Dee Why.

Anyway, in keeping with my entry into the murky and secretive world of the jewie fisherman, I won't name the beach. Suffice to say it has featured recently and seems to be fishing well.

Caught a 30cm tailor using a servo pillie at about 6.00 and he was butterflied and sent back out to the suds. he wasn't out there for long. I had the 6500 in baitrunner mode and threw it into gear after about 5 seconds and it's game on. :biggrin2:

This was about the time i was wishing i had my new petzl torch on my head. It was totally dark and the tussle lasted a good five minutes. I recently learned a hard lesson up at Harrington about not trying to drag a big fish through the shorebreak. This guy had several runs in him and didn't want to touch the sand. kept the tip up and let him run as long as he wanted to. Finally, with a very excitable chinese lady looking on, he was left absolutely spent on the beach. :yahoo:

yeah!!!!

Sometimes when everything goes wrong, everything goes right!!

Davo

G`day Fellas ,

Heya Humesy ,

Good On you mate , after all the trouble you went to , it would have been a crime to loose him at the drop off.

So many good Fish have been won or lost at that exact moment.

So , now that you have nailed your Ist beach Jew , you will be saying to yourself , " Well now , what was all the fuss about , I can do This "! , Now Just wait till tomorrow night when I come back down here armed to the teeth with all the Right Gear.".

IS that BarbeCued Jewfish Cutlets I can smell ???.....Yummy.

Mick

Well done! I caught a 95cm jew at Northern Beaches about 6 weeks ago and weighed in at 8kg exactly. Way to go mate!

Thanks everyone for the encouragement. I have been told by many over the last two years that it is a matter of time. I think you need to learn your lessons. That's what I love about the sport. You can never know enough. You go through the no-hoper phase and into the lucky once in a while phase. Hopefully on to the I know what I'm doing phase soon.

Thanks Mick for all your help while up at Harrington this year. Will be back soon. Thanks Red for all your recent advice and encouragement. Oops, I'd better stop crapping on, I think the band is starting up and they are disconnecting the mike.

:biggrin2: