Georges River 22.10.2006

Paul_B

First of all as a new member I wish to congratulate you all on a great site, it’s a credit to you all for the advice and sincere encouragement you offer each other as well as new and inexperienced fisho’s.

Weather was unfavourable but the mate was keen and we wanted to take the new toy out for a run so we arrived at Oatley Bay at approx 6.00am. After launching amongst approx. 30 boats preparing for a bream tournament and a little hold-up we were on our way. The plan was to head out into the bay but with the cold S/E wind blowing we decided to spend the morning in the river. We tried many spots to get away from the wind and chase the warmth of the sun but in the end settled on one particular drift for a total of 4 Flatties (39 - 58cm), 1 bream (33cm) and a flounder.

All in all a very uncomfortable but reasonably productive day.

Cheers

Paul

post-2769-1161568542_thumb.jpg

:1welcomeani: to the site Mate.

Well done on posting up your first report, I can tell you that you did better than me on the weekend I got ZIP.

Looking forward to hearing more from you down the track, If you can make it why not put your name down for the flattie social in December and come along and meet a few of us.

All great people around here Paul, you'll learn a stack and make some great mates to boot :thumbup:

Guest IFishSick.

Great flatties and a nice little Flounder. Great for the plate nice stuff! :thumbup:

Edited by IFishSick.

G'day guys,

Thanks for your kind words & welcome's.

Apologies for not responding to your questions but I have been away with work for most of the week, anyway to answer your questions regarding bait and location.

The majority were caught on fresh prawns although I did manage to catch my first ever on a soft plastic (albeit the smallest of the flatties) using a 70mm Squidgie (drop bear colour). All fish were caught on the drift in various locations between Kangaroo Point and Oatley Point in approx. 7-12' of water.

Cheers

Paul