Downrigger

kabz

I might purchase a downrigger from my local tackle shop and told me that he gets em from a website called scotty.com and was just wondering is a strongarm 24 good or is a strongarm 30 better and was wondering are they worth the money or is there better ones

I might purchase a downrigger from my local tackle shop and told me that he gets em from a website called scotty.com and was just wondering is a strongarm 24 good or is a strongarm 30 better and was wondering are they worth the money or is there better ones

This is from Tony,

'Hey Raiders!

Don't be jeolous or envious of the guys gettin the Kings!

Get even, Like Mondo did TODAY!.... Come in and get yourself a

SCOTTY 1050 down rigger to do the job on those Kings!

WE'LL DO THEM TO RAIDERS ONLY THIS MONTH FOR $555.00

COMPLETE!

THIS IS THE REAL M'COY NOT A JOKE'

G'day mate.

Tony from Fishfinder is having a special on downriggers at the moment.

Click on his banner for details.

Cheers,

Grant.

Kabz,

That is a cheap price.

The details are

FISHFINDER BAIT AND TACKLE

TONY AND REBECCA DAVIS

548 BUNNERONG ROAD

MATRAVILLE

(02) 9661 7967

OPEN 7 DAYS

Monday to Thursday 6.30am until 6.30pm

Friday 5.30am until 7pm

Saturday 5am until 7pm

Sunday 5am until 6pm

If weather is bad, add an hour to opening times every day

Tony can also be contacted by personal message on this forum by using member name - Fishfinder Tony

All you guys are getting downriggers now? You should have got them years ago!! CHeers Kelvin

Like fly fishing, blokes have been downrigging for trout for over 20 years. Amazing how it has taken this long for it to become fashionable in the salt.

All you guys are getting downriggers now? You should have got them years ago!! CHeers Kelvin

I sold mine about two years ago because it wasnt getting me much fish, kinda thinking I shouldn't have now. :wacko: My only thing is that I normaly target the hoods not rats in rather shallow water, so a downrigger isn't a big deal.

I have never downrigged, or seen one in action.

There has been a lot of advice surrounding them, but one thing that I have not seen is how fast do you travel with the downrigger?

Cheers

Greg

Mate when downrigging you travel under 1 knot, pretty much just put the boat into gear

Actually I havent seen anything with or without fins that I can remember being posted by you Bashir :(

You do fish right ????

Thats because I've never caught a genuine hood my biggest was about 9 or 10kg (est), still trying. I'm not into posting reports up mate, you'll find any report that goes up on my boat is normally done by whoever was fishing with me. I fish heaps stewy, in winter I pretty much just fish for drummer off the rocks, did one yellowfin trip this year (reported on another site). The last few weeks I've been hitting the bass in the creeks and will start targetting the kings from this weekend, but don't expect a report!

Bashir a 9 or 10 kg King is very respectable and its a shame you dont post here about your fishing trips.

I am sure the members would like to see some from yourself :thumbup:

Cheers Stewy

Stewy I'm pretty low profile with my fishing, just the way I am, I fish for myself and I try to help others with tips etc..... but reports aren't for me really, if people come fishing with me and they want to post a report it doesn't bother me at all, I will tell people I talk to of my catches (usually my lack of catches) but posting them on the net I just don't do anymore.