Fellow Raider To The Rescue 29/10

deano35

A mate and I decided this morning that seeing the winds were easing off this afternoon that we would head into the harbour from Rydlemere and try our luck for a few hours, now that daylight savings had kicked. Well we thought wrong. A kilometre and half along Parramatta RIver and we heard this god awful noise coming from the motor and a whole heap of smoke. Shut it off and nothing, we had blown up the water pump impeller, so we were stuffed. Anchored up outside the entrance to HOmebush Bay and contemplated our predicament.

We waved down the first boat to us and asked for help. What a great bloke, a fellow fishraider. Towed us back to the warf without any problems and got us out of trouble. I think his ID is "GT-Stroker" :beersmile: , or something similar. Thanks mate, I owe both you and your wife heaps for today. It is so good to see another helping someone out without any fuss or wanting something in return.

NO fishing, but shit happens :05: , now have to get the motor fixed to go down south on the weekend.

great story there mate,

and im SURE this wont be the last story of is kind..

all the fellas ive meet off this site are a TOP bunch of lads :thumbup:

so helping one another will never be a prob, and come as 2nd nature..

CHEERS 2 a great bunch of raiders :thumbup::thumbup:

cheers steve

A mate and I decided this morning that seeing the winds were easing off this afternoon that we would head into the harbour from Rydlemere and try our luck for a few hours, now that daylight savings had kicked. Well we thought wrong. A kilometre and half along Parramatta RIver and we heard this god awful noise coming from the motor and a whole heap of smoke. Shut it off and nothing, we had blown up the water pump impeller, so we were stuffed. Anchored up outside the entrance to HOmebush Bay and contemplated our predicament.

We waved down the first boat to us and asked for help. What a great bloke, a fellow fishraider. Towed us back to the warf without any problems and got us out of trouble. I think his ID is "GT-Stroker" :beersmile: , or something similar. Thanks mate, I owe both you and your wife heaps for today. It is so good to see another helping someone out without any fuss or wanting something in return.

NO fishing, but shit happens :05: , now have to get the motor fixed to go down south on the weekend.

Makes me glad I get my motor serviced annually despite thinking that they don't really do anything for the $150 they charge me each time. sorry to hear about your motor. Hope its not too badly damaged.

Davo

We waved down the first boat to us and asked for help. What a great bloke, a fellow fishraider. Towed us back to the warf without any problems and got us out of trouble.

"Great Bloke" Not from where I'm sitting looking at his ugly mug.................. :tease:

He just told me the story and I mentioned I read this post the other day, all he wanted was your :beersmile:

Did you ever wonder how he knew to lower you leg into the water to stop your boat swaying?? Next time you see him ask what happened on Botany Bay :074:

Na all jokes aside he is a great bloke and him or I would help felo boater's in need any time.

PS. We work together, small world when you think about it......

Edited by impulse

wasnt a problem at all deano35, was honestly my pleasure.

it all adds to make a memorable outing. im sure anyone else would

have done the same and I tell you what, the :beersmile: went down

very well indeed

id also like to thank you and your mate for giving me a hand

getting my boat back on the trailer, its a bit tricky when the missus

dont want to get her feet wet. :mattarello:

as for botany bay, like i told you mate .......

been there, done that ____ TWICE ! :1prop:

hope to see more raiders on the water in the coming months.

you all seem like top blokes :icon_peace:

cheers

Birol

wasnt a problem at all deano35, was honestly my pleasure.

it all adds to make a memorable outing. im sure anyone else would

have done the same and I tell you what, the :beersmile: went down

very well indeed

id also like to thank you and your mate for giving me a hand

getting my boat back on the trailer, its a bit tricky when the missus

dont want to get her feet wet. :mattarello:

as for botany bay, like i told you mate .......

been there, done that ____ TWICE ! :1prop:

hope to see more raiders on the water in the coming months.

you all seem like top blokes :icon_peace:

cheers

Birol

Got the motor looked at yesterday and the bore and piston are OK, thank god. The water pump impeller came away from the brass bush, so no water was going through. so maybe a couple of hundred bucks with a quick tune up and back into the water. my mate is lending me his 5.6m Quinny for the weekend, so i may have some tales from jervis bay after this weekend, i'll let you know. :1fishing1: