Kings Kings And Even More Kings

CR@ZY OS@M@

Went out today in search of some kings just outside sydney heads where we got them last trip with netic, unfortunately netic couldnt come this time so i went with my neighbour.

Headed straight out of the heads and did the south run until the sounder showed me some fish, dropped down a yellowtail on the dr and before you knew it we were on, 5 minutes later a 80cm king is landed,

Over the next hour all we could hear was the reels screaming, we had hook up after hook up, all in all we landed over 25 kings ranging from 70cm to 90cm and we had a ball,We release 15 and kept 10, we also managed a couple of good size pike that we were going to use for live bait but didnt get around to it (no need really)looking back it was a great day of fishing.

This things fought like crazy and busted us off a few times as they were running for the rocks as soon as they were hooked.

I must thank Netic for showing me the ropes on how to catch these mutthas.

Netic just left my house with the pics and he will be posting them within the hour so stay tuned.

Brilliant work on the kings. Good size to them. When do the hoards of rat kings usually arrive?

No harold - I am a weekday wage slave too.

Oh well, some of us have to keep the economy ticking over :thumbdown:

In Syd harbour the rats will be in real numbers in December. They will hang around the buoys, markers etc. EVERYBODY will be able to catch a king. Also they will blow up on the surface from time to time around Christmas as well. By January you will get into double figures on kings on squid strips. Mostly rats. CHeers Kelvin

In Syd harbour the rats will be in real numbers in December. They will hang around the buoys, markers etc. EVERYBODY will be able to catch a king. Also they will blow up on the surface from time to time around Christmas as well. By January you will get into double figures on kings on squid strips. Mostly rats. CHeers Kelvin

So for all those who havn't yet caught a king, plan to take some leave in January, save the money that you were going to spend on an expensive downrigger and buy a few quality jigs and learn how to use them :biggrin2:

Then I think you break your king drought in a .BIG. way :yahoo:

Edited by OneLastCast

Great catch mate well it looks like after a few years without those horrid kingy traps, at last the population of kings of a good size has finally arrived and it should not be too hard to catch fish over 600mm from here on in. Geez the harbour sounds great, never fish it really but then we have great fishing down south and it is only 40 minutes away minus alot of traffic. All I know is I have to get out there very soon!!! Keep up the inspiration booster guys well done!!!

Cheers

Once again mate well done

I must say that John has learnt alot over the past few months, I have no doubt that over this season there will be many more reports of Big kingfish and other species including marlin from him.

He is very willing to learn and the rate has has learnt at is great.

Thats the benefits of this site it allows people like john and i to meet, I bumped into john a few months back at our local tackle shop and he recongnised me, We chatted and now have become good friends to the point that we chat everyday and plan fishing trips together.

I now see john as a constant reporter of Big fish for this site.

thanks penguin, i remember a year ago when i caught my first 58cm king on your boat,

what can i say, i got the bug after a lot of years of not going fishing since i was a kid, i remember that the bay had heaps of fish when i was younger,then zilch,and now its awsome, :thumbup::thumbup:

its definately a good hobby to do that is a great way to catch up with mates .

thanks guys for the response on my fishing session.

might go out again b4 week ends :thumbup::yahoo::thumbup:

must also add that its good to meet a good mate like netic from this site.

:beersmile: to you netic hehe,even though i dont drink hehe