Water Police Breath Testing At Ramps

netic

Heys guys, Just thought i would post up something i saw yesterday

We got back to rose bay ramp after a non kingy day yesterday at around 4.30pm.

Upon getting there we saw a Cop boat and 2 cops breath testing at the ramp.

Therer were breath testing every boat that was coming up.

Had a chat to the copper after he tested me and he said new rules came in a couple of months ago where they will be breath testing at the ramps on weekends.

So if anyone drinks a bit while on the water ( which i dont) be careful as you may get tested.

I think its a great rule as i cant stand drunks on the water with their yelling and carrying on.

About time too. Pisspots = accidents.

Heys guys, Just thought i would post up something i saw yesterday

We got back to rose bay ramp after a non kingy day yesterday at around 4.30pm.

Upon getting there we saw a Cop boat and 2 cops breath testing at the ramp.

Therer were breath testing every boat that was coming up.

Had a chat to the copper after he tested me and he said new rules came in a couple of months ago where they will be breath testing at the ramps on weekends.

So if anyone drinks a bit while on the water ( which i dont) be careful as you may get tested.

I think its a great rule as i cant stand drunks on the water with their yelling and carrying on.

Netic,

Thanks for the info, like you i dont drink when boating. I learnt the hard way several years ago what happens when people drink on the water. It almost cost me and a mate our lives. Its funny but only today i was talking about this issue on chat. We have been checked many times in the last year in and around the Spit by waterways and fisheries. A few months ago my mate got fined as his fishing license had expired. I think in the last two years i have been checked at least 5 times. So no doubt when next at Roseville i"ll get breath tested. This is one thing i will be OK with. Also a quick note to beware leaving valuables exposed in your car when leaving it at at the Roseville ramp. I heard of a local getting broken into whilst fishing recently and losing a lot valuables.

Cheers raiders

If it makes it safer for everyone then it can only be a good thing. BUT, they should be out there on the water not waiting for the people to finish their day on the water pie-eyed! Presence is a deterrant, so boys in blue if you look, get out there more often and catch them in the act.

I love a drink like most aussie blokes, but I know when I can't, or when I shouldn't. :beersmile:

I write this at home with a VB in my hand mind you!

Don't know if this is an urban myth but I was told recently that in NSW that if you are over the limit whilst in charge of a boat you also lose your car drivers licence.

Any truth to this?

None what so ever..

How ever the penalties are similar, Also RBT does not apply when a vessel is moored, berthed or at anchor.

At anchor is a bit of a worry!

http://www.waterways.nsw.gov.au/offences.html#alcohol

Cheers.

Robbie,