Haines Hunter 530 Breeze

joerod

Hi all, New to the site, Have been reading for a while but never have had the time to register (how easy and quick it was)

After some help. Am looking at buying a new Haines 530 Breeze with a 115 Etec. Anyone know much about them. Are they any good off shore.

How do they compare to the Haines signature 542. What else should I be looking at in the same price range (approx $40-45K).

Don't know much about the boat, but have admired them and thought they were a nice rig. It should give you a comfortable ride and they have the cockpit space to enjoy a days fishing.

If you can get a test drive then you can satisfy your self and check how stable the boat is at rest which is just as important as the ride.

I think the new Etec are great and 115hp should be a good match.

There are a few magazine articles on both motor and boat so maybe a Google search will give you all the information you need.

I'm sure may of the radiers will be able to give you the heads up.

Cheers

Martin

I was looking at them myself. But was a few $ short and couldnt afford a new one. Second hand ones are pretty rare (and if you do find one its got to be a motor combo you like at a reasonable price)

The 115hp ETEC sounds good. Im pretty sure they are only a 3 cylinder motor, but still put out 115hp. Best of having a test drive if the dealer has that package in stock.

My old boss had a year 2000'ish 570 Champion, which is very similar, just a bit longer. He had a 115hp carby OMC Ocean Pro on it. With 4 on board and lightly loaded it did about 36 knots on GPS. I thought it was underpowered until i went on it. I was suprised how well it went.

My only comment is that the 530 is (in my opinion) pretty boarder line on a single axle trailer. Dont let the dealer sell you a rig that is going to be illegal once you put fuel and eskys in it !

cheers

Rod

I was looking at them myself. But was a few $ short and couldnt afford a new one. Second hand ones are pretty rare (and if you do find one its got to be a motor combo you like at a reasonable price)

The 115hp ETEC sounds good. Im pretty sure they are only a 3 cylinder motor, but still put out 115hp. Best of having a test drive if the dealer has that package in stock.

My old boss had a year 2000'ish 570 Champion, which is very similar, just a bit longer. He had a 115hp carby OMC Ocean Pro on it. With 4 on board and lightly loaded it did about 36 knots on GPS. I thought it was underpowered until i went on it. I was suprised how well it went.

My only comment is that the 530 is (in my opinion) pretty boarder line on a single axle trailer. Dont let the dealer sell you a rig that is going to be illegal once you put fuel and eskys in it !

cheers

Rod

Hi Mate

115 etec is a V4...

the 90hp etec is the biggest inline 3

• 2 weeks later...