Boat Insurance

Methodman

Hey guys,

Any suggestions who best to get a Boat Insurance quote from? And any idea what would be a good price to pay?

I have a 5.8 Savage Lancer that i have just restored with 115hp 4 Stroke Merc that needs insurance b4 i drag it down the to Greenwell. I want to get it insured for around 25k. Will i need to get it inspected?

Thanks

Methodman

Mate GIO is the cheapest by far, 50% cheaper compared to Club Marine and NRMA, Also they are much faster with claims, i have claimed through CM and GIO and Gio was 3 months faster for the same issue

Netic Will keep your comments in mind when my insurance is due for renewal

Methodman As a guide , my boat is insured for $25,200 & the premium with NRMA is $325.00 pa.

This does not include insurance for towing skiers or kids in a rubber tube etc. If you plan on towing add approx $80.00 pa to the above premiun

When arranging , have some idea on the cost of the trailer , motor & boat. Have these shown seperatly on the policy & the allocated $$$ for each

Eg Not much help if the boat / motor are insured for 24,000 & the trailer $1,000 when a replacement trailer could be around $3000 & , out of the 3 components the trailer is the most exposed to being pinched followed by the motor so load these up. If the boat is stolen then so to will the trailer & moter , then it just becomes a package

Finally , check the fine print relating to an accident when towing & it's your fault , eg you side swipe another vehicle. Is the damage to the third party covered by your "boat" insurance , car insurance or neither

Geoff

NETIC... thanks mate ill get a quote from them today. Thanks

Geoff, Yeah i hear what your saying. Good advice mate Thanks heeps.

The Trailer could do with being stollen hahaha its the only thing im not happy with. After the boat rebuild and a new 4 stroke it makes the trailer look crap. But i cant be stuffed buying a new one just yet as ive got upgrade the game rods and reels. Thanks guys for all your input!

Methodman

Netic I'm insured with GIO and my boat is insured for $29,000 the premium for this is $449 how is it half the price of the other insurers?? when I checked with nrma there was a couple of dollars in it to be exact. How much is your premuim?? I'll have it checked out maybe their ripping me off!!

Cheers

My boat is insured via Club Marine for $27,000 plus $1,000,000 third party and $20,000 injury.

Premium cost was $364.20.

That was the best price I could get having gone to a few including GIO, NRMA and AAMI.

I am not sure but they rate based on how your boat is stored and where it is stored/garaged

Cheers

My boat is insured with GIO for $19,500 and it cost me $197 per annum, Thats with the full cover including water pump failure. But i have everything insured with GIO so that may allow me a discount...

Nrma wanted $380+ and club marine about the same as NRMA,

I would never insure again with CLub MArine, they stuff me around for 4 and a half months before they replaced my motor, i missed an entire summer, my mate had the exact same problem with some damage to his boat at a wharf and Club Marine also stuffed him around, made him jump through hoops

GIO's claims department were 10 times more helpful and faster.

Have just purchased a new Haines and recieved a couple of quotes.

Club Marine were the cheapest followed by NRMA, GIO was the most expensive.

The place were I purchased the boat also advised that Club Marine will beat any quote.

Looks like I will be with Club Marine !!

:thumbup:

These insurance guys are the biggest ^%$##@#$ on earth. I am with club marine but it doesn't really matter as they will stuff you around no matter what when you want to claim. ALways good to have a good lawyer to threaten the bastards if they are slow. Cheers Kelvin