Juno Point Or Flint&steel

Luringbream

Well i think i found "the spot" at Juno..Upon arriving to Juno one boat was about to set anchor however hesitated to dropping in once he saw that we were going to stay in the area. Prior to that he was sounding the spot around for a while obviously looking for a specific spot or pinnacle. Once he left we anchored he he was just about to and it was long before we had our first REAL run..

Its amazing how a fisho will sacrifice catching fish just so others wont find out their spot..O well, that theory proved rong for that fellow.

Thanks to all those who sincerly replied to my post, netic inlhanzi, quinfish and the others i forgot to mention..It was greatly appreciated.

DAN

The reef at the Steel is 100mx100m, you telling me only one boat fits on it? Dribble! Rubbish! All you are speculating! You's dont know how to catch jews i reckon! Thats all. They are all thru the river.

There is a cave there, bet none of you knew that! On it is where you want to be sitting! i cannot say anymore, you know too much already :wacko:

i was told you dont actually fish on top of the reef, i was told you anchor up from the reef and then cast your bait just to the edge off the reef cause they dont actually hang out on top of the reef they hang out on the edge of the reef...is this true??

yes,

i agree with reely to much said.

when i said i go past and to many aren t fishing the reef correctly i meant direction and anchor not that they couldnt find it.

its almost impossible to miss it

the thing is that the H/B has very little structure ,that is why jews hang around these spots and thats why everyone wants to fish these spots.Problem is spots like Juno can only be fished by a small number of boats at the one time and they all have to co-operate with each other or none of them is likely to land a decent fish.You would probably do better on weekends fishing the drop-offs and caves at Bar Point, no shortage of good fish there and less crowds, or if you really want a challenge ,do what I do and fish Cowan.It is harder than the main river but the brutes in there are almost unstopable.