Juno Point Or Flint&steel

Luringbream

For those of you who fish regularly for jewies, im after a little help on a location in the hawkesbury that is more likely to produce a jewie for me :thumbup:

I will be going some time this week and will fish from the arvo through the night til early morning. Ive decided to drop anchor at around 8 at one of the bridges but until then i was planning on anchoring up on either Flint & Steel or Juno point.

So i ask all the experts, (given my situation of afternoon fishing the start of the run up, with low tide at around 3-4pm) which area do i hit, Juno or the Steel?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

THanks in advance..

DAN

good spots mate.

gotta knnow what your doing mate or you will get frustrated very easily

From what i could work out on "JEWFISH SECRETS" Greg Joyes fished Juno on the flood tide and Flint and steel on the ebb tide. Worked it out by rewinding the DVD about 10 times.

Davo

Tell just you here, what about the hundreds that read it and are not members. All the best trying to find out, Jew fisherman are secretive bunch, they wont tell you. Hope you get a big one

Both are best fished on the run out or bottom of the tide.

At Juno anchor just inside the Eastern side of the point then cast out into the water flowing around point allowing the bait to drift back around into the calmer water provided by the headland

F & S The reef or drop off runs North / South. Anchor on top & drift back until you are a few meters from the cliff edge , tie off.

The fish lay in close to the rock face & as with Juno , to be out of the tide flow & waiting for food to come over the top

Forget F & S on the incoming tide & Juno is generally very quiet

Geoff

Both are best fished on the run out or bottom of the tide.

At Juno anchor just inside the Eastern side of the point then cast out into the water flowing around point allowing the bait to drift back around into the calmer water provided by the headland

F & S The reef or drop off runs North / South. Anchor on top & drift back until you are a few meters from the cliff edge , tie off.

The fish lay in close to the rock face & as with Juno , to be out of the tide flow & waiting for food to come over the top

Forget F & S on the incoming tide & Juno is generally very quiet

Geoff

:074::074::074:

So true...unlike kingie fishermen!!! We WANT to share our secrets but those jewy guys are something else. All you notice are some large fish scales at the ramp! Cheers KElvin

Jew fisherman are a secretive bunch, but hey everyone to their own i guess.

Both places can be extremely productive but its not just about being there you have to fish it right.

FLint and steel has a reef formation there, whenever i go there not one boat is actually on the reef....there are all in the wrong area.

The regurlar jew fisho's know where the reef is and thats why they get many jews.

A mate fished it recently and he got 4 jews at flint and steel in 5 hours, largest being 18kg

Mate i could direct you exactly to where the reef is but then the jew fishos that told me this area would really get the shi...ts.......

Just go there and sound it out

the way you were misleadig him.

i thought it was funny

James There was never any intension to be mis leading , simply to pass on my experience in that area.

We are moving :offtopic: so may I suggest we leavt it at that

Geoff

James There was never any intension to be mis leading , simply to pass on my experience in that area.

We are moving :offtopic: so may I suggest we leavt it at that

Geoff

not a problem mate.

take it easy.

go the aussies in the ashes about to bowl first ball

G'day Luringbream

In my humble opinion I would suggest that a big part of jewie fishing is discovering the spots and how to fish them for yourself in your style and with your gear.

Juno and Flint are both excellent spots but I have seen hundreds pull up to Juno and have no idea, thousands pull up to Flint and have even less of an idea.

I would suggest to you to go and pull up near Juno or Flint and sit and watch at a distance what the diehard Jewfishos do. They have spent long long hours perfecting their different methods.

It will take a lot of time and effort to get the nack of it but once you have learned the how-tos you will need to put in the time... a lot of it. I know blokes who fish for 4 days at a time and may well go without a decent bite. The same blokes will tell you they have got a big fish in 10 to 20 minutes.

Think like a Jewie - where and when would you go for a feed? Watch the flow of the water.

I would say find yourself a spot in the system and fish it on the run in and the run out. Learn it. Fish it in different winds and at different phases of the moon. Keep a journal of what happens and what you have learned. Be aware that it is a very dynamic environment and there is something on the change all the time. Get really good at the one spot and then move on to the others. There are fish everwhere and they move aroud too!

I will say to you -

to see that rod really buckle hard and that reel rip scream as you get stripped of 50 to 150m of line and you can do jack about it is a really fantastic experience, to feel the massive head shakes and then hopefully to stop the run before somethng gives or breaks is a great feeling. If you are lucky enough to still have the fish on and turn it you will know that every minute you have spent fishing for them has been well well worth it. When you see the big bronze shape appear near the boat your heart will be thudding in your chest and if, and only if, you don't stuff the gaffing and you manage to boat one of these great fish, I bet you will be shaking like a leaf.

- one of the best fishing feelings you will ever get.

Have a good go mate and enjoy it! You may just turn into one of those secretive bunch!!!

cheers

inhlanzi

Edited by inhlanzi

G'day Luringbream

In my humble opinion I would suggest that a big part of jewie fishing is discovering the spots and how to fish them for yourself in your style and with your gear.

Juno and Flint are both excellent spots but I have seen hundreds pull up to Juno and have no idea, thousands pull up to Flint and have even less of an idea.

I would suggest to you to go and pull up near Juno or Flint and sit and watch at a distance what the diehard Jewfishos do. They have spent long long hours perfecting their different methods.

It will take a lot of time and effort to get the nack of it but once you have learned the how-tos you will need to put in the time... a lot of it. I know blokes who fish for 4 days at a time and may well go without a decent bite. The same blokes will tell you they have got a big fish in 10 to 20 minutes.

Think like a Jewie - where and when would you go for a feed? Watch the flow of the water.

I would say find yourself a spot in the system and fish it on the run in and the run out. Learn it. Fish it in different winds and at different phases of the moon. Keep a journal of what happens and what you have learned. Be aware that it is a very dynamic environment and there is something on the change all the time. Get really good at the one spot and then move on to the others. There are fish everwhere and they move aroud too!

I will say to you -

to see that rod really buckle hard and that reel rip scream as you get stripped of 50 to 150m of line and you can do jack about it is a really fantastic experience, to feel the massive head shakes and then hopefully to stop the run before somethng gives or breaks is a great feeling. If you are lucky enough to still have the fish on and turn it you will know that every minute you have spent fishing for them has been well well worth it. When you see the big bronze shape appear near the boat your heart will be thudding in your chest and if, and only if, you don't stuff the gaffing and you manage to boat one of these great fish, I bet you will be shaking like a leaf.

Have a good go mate and enjoy it! You may just turn into one of those secretive bunch!!!

cheers

inhlanzi

well said mike,

did you get the sea anchor?

heading out at all this weekend?

G'day Luringbream

I will say to you -

cheers

inhlanzi

I was lucky enough to be taught a few things from one of Sydney's best known jew fishos, The guy on the cover of the Sydney-Hawkesbury book holding a massive jew.....When he goes out he gets 4-5 jews per trip...in pretty quick time also....thats what knowing a spot is.....thats the jew fishing i like.....

G'day Netic

Yup somtimes you get those days - best I had so far is 3 over 5kgs in 15 mins at one spot.

Were not allowed to name pros names hey? But I think I know who you mean and if it is he really does know his stuff.

How you donig on the Kings?

Have you started on the dollies yet?

Cheers

inhlanzi

that fish on the cover was straight out of haymarket though.

if you don t believe me ask him

Where ever that jew may have come from he is definately one of the best jew fisho's going round, and im sure he would have caught that.

G'day Netic

Yup somtimes you get those days - best I had so far is 3 over 5kgs in 15 mins at one spot.

Were not allowed to name pros names hey? But I think I know who you mean and if it is he really does know his stuff.

How you donig on the Kings?

Have you started on the dollies yet?

Cheers

inhlanzi

I think we are allowed but i dont like to mentioned the pro's names just in case, im sure every jew fisho knows exactly who im talking about.

KIngs arent going to bad, been a good pre season, Dollies arent here yet but i suspect they will arrive over the coming weeks so i will start ripping into them then.

well said mike,

did you get the sea anchor?

heading out at all this weekend?

i fished both spots today and all i got was adirty big shovel nose. :05: As far as the above comment goes. You are right. There was 10 boats allegedly at Flint and Steel today and only one of them was actually on the reef.Ah wll there is always tommorrow.

Davo