Pittwater

Guest fishrunner

Guest fishrunner

G'day all,

Went out today(Saturday) for a fish with Rohit(Saqa) with a mission to get a King on the pelagic L Kingrod for the team :biggrin2:

After being picked at 4.30 and having to run out to fairfield for Rohits Macboat, sorry bout the early wake up George :wacko: then it we were on our way.

Got to pittwater and proceded to set-up Rohit's boat for the day and we were launched and proceding to our chosen destination with a few lures out at full throtttle(5 knots), which was a nice relaxing trolling speed.

Saw another boatie onto a king and decided to have a flick a few 100 mtrs away and on about the 3rd cast got a nice hit on the berkley stickbait on a 1/4 oz jighead. The pelagic L got into a nice working curve quicksmart and a heavy drag of round 6kg was making the kingie work hard.

post-647-1164462270_thumb.jpg

After a brief tussle he was at the side of the boat with me struggling to get a lip grip in his gob(didn't pack gaff or net) after a few failed attempts and seeing the jig firmly in the jaw I grabbed the jig and hoisted him into the boat and a 74cm king hit the deck :thumbup:

post-647-1164462310_thumb.jpg

I was impressed with how the rod made short work of a king round mooring ropes ,- fishing 20lb fins to 20lb flouro this fish only managed 2-3 runs of around 2-3 mtrs each.

For how light this blank feels in the hand she is a stump puller with a crisp tip, seemed to be at home with the line class I had!.

Rohit was stoked as he snapped off a few pics and rightly so. :thumbup:

Also ran into Lance (Harraka) and Jack his mate , good to see you out there guys and have a chat ,Lance was kind enough to take a few snaps of the Rumboat.

post-647-1164462653_thumb.jpg

He also shared the experience of a nice 65 cm(approx) flattie on a slither of yakka which was promptly released after a pic or 3 :thumbup: open those beautifful eyes Lance!!

post-647-1164462758_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately The king was the only one to hit the deck We also had some good follows and Rohit dropped a smaller one at the side of the boat whilst holding it there for myself to try and hook it's mate, :( . The thought was there :074:

A good day was had with great company and quite a few ,-many laughs along the way...,,, That boat is black by the way :biggrin2:

Cheers, hope everyone has/had a good one

Edited by fishrunner

Guest fishrunner

Yes, I do have a way with the camera.

How are your sunburn goggles going ? :biggrin2:

That lady gave a good account of herself on the Mahi Mahi light - angry women when see came in after fiddling with the lip grip .... useless thing....

That KR light is a "one off" with multiple butts - matched to a Daiwa capricorn - it also kicked ass on the rat kings that were at the joey. all on small yakkas. All rats release.

What a day too big a flattie too small kings ( sorry no snaps of kings ) !! Bring on the social!

(ps flattie caught on a slither of fresh yakka)

post-351-1164490521_thumb.jpg

mmm, yeah got a pair of sunnies on when I'm not wearing them :074:

No fishin today as the :wife: has said I'm sunburned a lil too much, I've blamed Rohit as indians don't seem to burn and this is the 1st for a while when I have forgotten to put it on :biggrin2:

Thought you got the flattie on lil livie,,, mmm sorry bout that- post fixed

cheers to a day of cricket and :beersmile::beersmile:

That mightl be the rod im looking for.

What reel did you match with it?

I just got a certate 2500 that im looking to load with 20lb braid to have a light outfit for kings & dolphins - been looking for a rod to suit.

Rohit - give us more details on the rod - please

Nice flattie Lance - everyone is getting in to them lately, wish i could get out there, havnt been since the 10th - with work, weddings, and parties to attend :mad3:

Next sunday at the social i think most of the prizes are spoken for. - need to get some poddies after work this week - gun bait!

Edited by Aron

Great fish there mate :thumbup: . It was quite solid but didnt the Pelagic L make it look easy. Those single foot solid titanium frames were more then upto the task :1yikes: . Pity we didnt get to bend the baitcast version as well on anything bigger then a tailor. Thanks for such a nice report. By the way we got to go back to the blue boat soon :biggrin2: and get an 85cm model :074:

Fishraiders

A video of the fight will be available on my website as soon as I figure out how to convert quicktime to wmv format. If anyone knows the right tool then please let me know. I have been using rad tools but the vid is jerky even though the framerate is 25fps. I will insert a like here once ready

Aron

The pelagic L looks like a beefed up bream rod and reels in the 2500-4000 sizes with heavy duty drags suit it nicely. There also is a heavy duty build which I call the mahi mahi L avialable which features the same blank but eva butt and double feet guides. The pelagic L version is better for finesse casting sp work while the mahi mahi L is more suitable for spinning for smaller tuna and fad work. Also a great snapper rod

Great fish there mate :thumbup: . It was quite solid but didnt the Pelagic L make it look easy. Those single foot solid titanium frames were more then upto the task :1yikes: . Pity we didnt get to bend the baitcast version as well on anything bigger then a tailor. Thanks for such a nice report. By the way we got to go back to the blue boat soon :biggrin2: and get an 85cm model :074:

Fishraiders

A video of the fight will be available on my website as soon as I figure out how to convert quicktime to wmv format. If anyone knows the right tool then please let me know. I have been using rad tools but the vid is jerky even though the framerate is 25fps. I will insert a like here once ready

Aron

The pelagic L looks like a beefed up bream rod and reels in the 2500-4000 sizes with heavy duty drags suit it nicely. There also is a heavy duty build which I call the mahi mahi L avialable which features the same blank but eva butt and double feet guides. The pelagic L version is better for finesse casting sp work while the mahi mahi L is more suitable for spinning for smaller tuna and fad work. Also a great snapper rod

Saqa

Very interested in the rod (pelagic L) what rating is it 6-10kg? pm me the cost

with the video - no idea how to to prefered format - is it posible to upload quicktime to youtube then link it?

Saqa

Very interested in the rod (pelagic L) what rating is it 6-10kg? pm me the cost

with the video - no idea how to to prefered format - is it posible to upload quicktime to youtube then link it?

Mate the price of the rod is no secret. I did do them for $290 originally but since last month the price on the blanks have gone up and with the new price I have to do them for $320 with the titannium guides and top of the range reel seat

Guest fishrunner

hahaha yeah i was thinking the same thing, that first pic looks like your reeling in the yacht by the mast..

nice king by the way...

Come HERE yacht NOW! :074::thumbup:

Guest fishrunner

hey fishrunner nice report and just wanted to ask ya what kind of lure a sluggo please get me a pic with a jighead also wat technique jigging it off ground?

Thanks alot

G'day Kabz,

Sorry but can't be bothered walkin out to the boat to get the lure and take a pic :biggrin2:

But I will say flouro yellow 5 inch bekly jerkbait on 1/4 oz jighead, fished n a triple jig style with pauses.

Hope that's ok?,

Otherwise if you are at the social , come and say g'day and I can show you, :biggrin2:

Don't forget though any other lure may have done the trick as well, It;s just what was on at the time and has worked in the past!

:beersmile::beersmile::beersmile: