What I've Learned-the Best Tips

namesay

Fellow raiders, Since joining the site I have been overwhelmed by the HUGE amount of seriously good information that has been shared by the members. I have learnt so much in the last few months in all aspects of fishing. Fishraider has great members who share their experience and knowledge freely and openly.

I would like to ask "what is the best tip you have learnt from fishraider?"

For me it has been the fishing for other species than kings. I am very keen to nail some jewies in the future and keep a keen eye for bit of info that will help. I have also learnt so much about fishing tackle. So place your views here so that we can all have a summary of the "BEST TIPS". CHeers Kelvin

Fellow raiders, Since joining the site I have been overwhelmed by the HUGE amount of seriously good information that has been shared by the members. I have learnt so much in the last few months in all aspects of fishing. Fishraider has great members who share their experience and knowledge freely and openly.

I would like to ask "what is the best tip you have learnt from fishraider?"

For me it has been the fishing for other species than kings. I am very keen to nail some jewies in the future and keep a keen eye for bit of info that will help. I have also learnt so much about fishing tackle. So place your views here so that we can all have a summary of the "BEST TIPS". CHeers Kelvin

Hell ye this would have to be i reckon the best fishing site forum.

I seriously cant say what the best tip ive had from this site was as i read basically anything but ive had help with everything that ive wanted/needed help with and some. But prob the best part would have to be all the people on here who all generously give out info and also take time to answer any question you may have flightmanager heped me out the other day and u gave me help about a week ago . Im still fairly knew to this site but i have to say its addictin. It can only get bigger and better and lets hope it does soon. :thumbup::thumbup::1fishing1::1prop:

I really couldnt point out one thing,

I guess my biggest gain is the people i have met.

People like CrazyJohn who has now become a good friend

Also Sammy, CFD, Wetpatch and Kelvin who i have met in person.

All top blokes and people willing to share their knowledge

Raiders,

Best tip i have got from people was to just keep doing what i had learnt and be patient. I applied this to my attempts to beach a good jewie. Most of what i learnt from the site just confirmed what i already knew and all the advice was just to keep trying, read the beach, goog tackle and bait. I was rewarded with an 8kg jewie off the beach a couple of months ago. Next best tip was that if i wanted to seriously quench my appetite for raw kingie then a downrigger was the best method. Thanks Namesay for all your reports.

I must say the best thing is that we are all talking to fisherman who DO go out and catch fish. You don't get that in many places.

I also find that the people on this site are EXTREMELY helpful to others ...if they are genuine. No BS information.

I only regret reading Jewel's appraisal of the Torsa....just spent close to a grand on the reel/line etc!!! Cheers Kelvin

Its really hard to say what the best tip is. We all know how to catch fish (I think) but it is an ongoing process as we refine all our techniques. Its all the little things that make the difference with being in that group of 10% who catch 90% of the fish. Things like how far we should be trolling our lures back from the boat etc.

The worst thing about this site however is finding out about alll the new equipment which we must convince our Mrs's that we have to have. One day I'll just go back to being a pure blackfisherman. (very little cost and great rewards for the hours).

Davo

I have learnt plenty of tips when it comes to Kingie fishing thanks to Kelvin, Nectic and others.

I am just waiting for the wind to die down so I can put some of it into practise.

I also had some good advice and pictures into setting up a boat for fishing.

Catching jewies is similar to Kingies. They love live bait and you find them in deep holes. They love live squid, and the best time to fish for them is late at night on a rising tide.

Cheers

Greg

another vote here more for the people you meet rather than tips.

the thing that surprises me the most is the number of young blokes i now consider mates. i've still yet to meet a raider i dont like.

as far as tips go every trip with another raider is a learning experience for this old dog and my switch to lure fishing would have to be the biggest one.

i would have to say that i also have met a true friend who is netic and also downrigger. and being able to share my past and future experiences on this site with fellow members.

would like to thank penguin for introducing me to this site,a good mate and also a true friend for life.

i have learned so much from this site. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

example : tactics

: baits

:tackle

and many more to mention

Edited by Crazy John

I have learnt a great deal from this site. Unlike some other sites, i never knew people could be so open about their fishing experiences and be willing to share their secrets (except for the jewie fishermen that is :1prop:). Just from reading through the fishing reports ive realised just how important a sounder/fishfinder is, i've never really used one.

DAN

Guest danielinbyron

Yeah: ditto to the above sentiments.. I've also had chunks of time where I've been too crook to fish or had allot to deal with {birdsnests in lifes rich tapestry } and this site which can be pretty funny, and has cheered me up no end .. I haven't shook the hand of a raider yet but ... Being in this remote outpost on the far nth coast :074:

I guess now I'm also changing the way that I fish..

And i can buy tackle with confidence and the experience of many who've gone before , made that purchase and put it to the test..

I noticed a couple of guys including Namesay or Sammy spoke of owning those $tellars and $altigas and I have been wondering lately if anyone on this site has put one to the punish on say a dinosaur kingy or yellowfin..and had the chance to utilise those remarkable specs.

Yeah: ditto to the above sentiments.. I've also had chunks of time where I've been too crook to fish or had allot to deal with {birdsnests in lifes rich tapestry } and this site which can be pretty funny, and has cheered me up no end .. I haven't shook the hand of a raider yet but ... Being in this remote outpost on the far nth coast :074:

I guess now I'm also changing the way that I fish..

And i can buy tackle with confidence and the experience of many who've gone before , made that purchase and put it to the test..

I noticed a couple of guys including Namesay or Sammy spoke of owning those $tellars and $altigas and I have been wondering lately if anyone on this site has put one to the punish on say a dinosaur kingy or yellowfin..and had the chance to utilise those remarkable specs.

These reels are something else. I like catching fish but I also like catching fish and enjoying the experience. These reels just put the icing on the cake. Imagine if you had a bottle of TOP vintage wine and it got served in a plastic cup!!! Of course you an catch fish from gear you bought at %^$# but ...not the same.....Jewel you have a lot to answer for...I am still counting how much I have spent on this Torsa! CHeers Kelvin

Hi guys

I think the Fishraider site is the best & most friendly on the web! A lot of the information is brilliant & those giving it are not afraid to share their secrets (even if it may be in a PM, to keep it just a little bit of a secret!)

I reckon my only realistic hope of getting a decent jewie will be from the beach & I have been really pleased to go back to the earliest pages & read thru the info given from the likes of Owzat & Lawrie and others. Top stuff. I have caught soapies from the breakwall here in Forster & have been busted off by monsters, but wouldn't have been able to land a big one on my own, anyway! If targetting them, I always take the gear & hope there will be someone else on the wall to assisst me if needed! However, on the beach, I reckon I could be in with a chance.

One day, I will really indulge myself & go to the oldest message & just work my way back to the current ones, checking out any that take my interest. The more you read, the more you learn.

Keep it up!

Cheers

Roberta

Hi Raiders.

A bit behind the times when it comes to a reply to this topic but i'd still like the chance to put my two cents in.

The best tip i've learnt from this site is that there are still decent people out there willing to go out of there way to help another man (or woman). It's something that's becoming harder to come by these days and it's a pleasure to be associated with a great bunch of people who possess this great quality. There are a number of people on the site who have given me invaluable information and i only hope that one day i can return the favour :thumbup:

Cheers,

Mark

Edited by costa