Tilt/trim

Outnumbered

time has come to get my tilt trim problem sorted out, but the mob i usually use for repair work is booked out till well past xmas.

does anyone know someone who is available?? peferably a mobile guy

or

are any of our members experienced in tilt trim diagnosis/repairs and want to pick up some xmas cash

sometimes she works, sometimes she dont.

after making adjustments under load it packs it in all together.

quite often the trim will come up but it wont kick into tilt other times after a few hits on the button the tilt will kick in.

if it doesnt kick in and you have one person on the button and another just taking the weight off (pulling the motor up) the tilt will follow it up.

on rare occasions it all works perfectly.

clear as mud hey

G'day Brian ,

I would go through the basic electric troubleshooting list , ie check every connection to make sure they are all clean and firm. If possible test the switch , a worn contact or corrosion would give you this intermittent problem. Check the hydraulic oil , and the filter if one is installed. Do the solenoids click when the switch is operated ( should hear a click) . Try bypassing the solenoids , and apply power to the pump directly , does it work properly?

Ross

Our Johnno did that two weeks ago, has worked fine then decided it would only go up, not down, traced power wire to soleniod and pulled switch apart, the rocker switch spring was lacking tension, gave it a stretch and presto, she worked again. Mind you we had to pull the complete throttle assembly apart to get to the switch, took a bloody hour for a 10 second fix (but it was cheap)

CYA

Geoff :biggrin2:

I had a similar problem the motor would trim up but would not go down. I found the relays and swapped them over and then it would not go up. problem dickie relay but which one? For the sake of $50 I replaced both and have not had a problem since.

Pete

Hi, Had exactly the same issue as pirate pete with my previous merc. Replaced both and that fixed it up.

Hi, Had exactly the same issue as pirate pete with my previous merc. Replaced both and that fixed it up.

sounds like its common in the tilt's for the solenoids to drop out..

Had the same problem about 2 months ago, it shit me because i didn't find the problem for a good 10 weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

ok this Brett guy is suposed to be a gun mechanic.

but can anyone recommend one that will actually turn up :1badmood: 3 days i have now wasted waiting for him and he hasn't even bothered to call to say he couldnt make it. ok the first time i accepted his reason and resceduled but the next two!!!!!

ok this Brett guy is suposed to be a gun mechanic.

but can anyone recommend one that will actually turn up :1badmood: 3 days i have now wasted waiting for him and he hasn't even bothered to call to say he couldnt make it. ok the first time i accepted his reason and resceduled but the next two!!!!!

Well that IS a bloody shame. He certainly isn't a raider is he!!!!

I am sure there are some reliable people out there Brian - we will check our connections :biggrin2:

Cheers mrsswordfisherman