Lane Cove River

darcy77

Got on the river at 7am (nice late start), and worked some moored boats in the river with 2in Berkley Shrimps when came up tight to a very solid bream (39cm) - my PB. Landed 2 more little bream, a chopper tailor and 2 undersize flattie before wind became a nuisance. All were on the shrimps in new penny colour.

post-1326-1166070318_thumb.jpg

post-1326-1166070332_thumb.jpg

Got on the river at 7am (nice late start), and worked some moored boats in the river with 2in Berkley Shrimps when came up tight to a very solid bream (39cm) - my PB. Landed 2 more little bream, a chopper tailor and 2 undersize flattie before wind became a nuisance. All were on the shrimps in new penny colour.

post-1326-1166070318_thumb.jpg

post-1326-1166070332_thumb.jpg

nice catch mate, i take it you were fishing further upstream near fig tree bay? do you even fish near the weir?

Wow! That is one fat bream! Just bought some of the Berkley shrimp yesterday - hope to break the bream voodoo, hopefully this weekend if the weather is good & not too windy! Will try in the leases of Wallis Lake!

What size jighead do you suggest? 1/16th?

Cheers

Roberta

Wow! That is one fat bream! Just bought some of the Berkley shrimp yesterday - hope to break the bream voodoo, hopefully this weekend if the weather is good & not too windy! Will try in the leases of Wallis Lake!

What size jighead do you suggest? 1/16th?

Cheers

Roberta

I was using 1/16 and 1/8, when the wind picked up a bit

Top work on the 2 inch newpenny shrimp there Darcy :thumbup:

I just love that paticular plastic. That is a good quality breambo there I bet he went like a freight train.

Have you tried using the resin heads at all as they seem to drift slowly down and around in the water

column and are dynamite on the drop if the bream are about.

Well done on the P.B as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Great report and photos. The new penny shrimp is awesome. the trouble is that fish eat them - literally!! you go through heaps hey!! I can't find a better SP (if thats what they really are).

davo