Capsize At Port Kembla

Lewis

G,day Raiders.

As I know a lot of you venture down this way.

Wednesday 27/12/06,

a fellow fisho left Port Harbour and headed out to Big Island down here at Port Kembla with a crew of three, one being a 14 year old boy, who had to be revived after they managed to get him onto the island. The skipper took the boat in close to the wash, apparently chaseing bream and found themselves upside down, please guys when coming down this way, take the time to check the on water conditions and show the water the respect it deserves. I know of at least four bommies that will rear their uggly heads around Big island alone seamingly out of relatively calm waters, no fish is worth your life.

This is a timely reminder of the dangers of our obsessive passtime as the crew of the boat were spotted by a passing boaty who thought it a little strange to see what he thought to be kids out on the island, and called the local coastal patrol, and then it was'nt until a second boaty come across the overturned boat adrift that the rescue was put into action as there was no SOS call and the accident was obscured from coastal patrol by the island.

Again please take care on the water so that you and all your loved ones can enjoy the new year.

No fish is worth it!

On another point my brother was out yesterday on sydney harb an saw alot of surfers within the harbour. He counted 3-4 guys surfing the bommie off south head, an another 2 guys surfing the reef off middle head. :tease:

Crazy stuff not only with a 6-8ft swell, but when you considering the amount of bloody sharks around in the harb atm. :wacko:

Dan