Vanuatu Trip Advice Needed!

Chewy

Hi.

Just wondering if any raiders out there have been fishing in Vanuatu? Can anyone give me advice on the fishing there?

I am staying on Espiritu Santo, and Efante islands....

Anyone recommend any charters or anything to do in the way of fishing?

Much obliged.

Chewy

G’day Chewy

We went on a trip a few years back. Spent most of the time on a very small island called Futuna and then in Tanna.

Not sure about the islands you are going to, but the fishing was very very good. Just beware of some of the locals and try to adapt to "island time"

Have a friend in Vila who owns the Tanna coffee plantation and with his and the dept of fisheries help we organised a small runabout and a drum of petrol to be dropped off in Futuna.

We had a cyclone come through on most of the time there, but the days we managed to get out on the boat we picked up heaps wahoo, dogtooth tuna, YFT, GT’s, Jobfish, coral trout, dolphin fish and a blue marlin…all within casting distance of the shore. We also did heaps of LBG with similar results.

No charters out that way, but we did one in Port Vila through Nautilis (make sure Peter Phillips is skipper).

Even in Vila if you can hold of a car you can get to some nice reefs where you can spin for some big fish..poppers work very well.

Let me know if you want some spots to try land based.

hey mate

i recently came back from vanuatu in october. we stayed in port villa tho and didnt have the best weather :1badmood: so i really didnt do a lot of land base fishing. if u can get out on a charter i would recommend nautillis fishing charters they are on the net. they have top of the line gear, great boats and resonable priced. on the day we went out we caught a yellow fin tuna trolling then went over the reefs and caught some hard fighting coral trout great morning out. i hope some of this info was of help. have a great time mate its a beautiful place

Hi.

Just wondering if any raiders out there have been fishing in Vanuatu? Can anyone give me advice on the fishing there?

I am staying on Espiritu Santo, and Efante islands....

Anyone recommend any charters or anything to do in the way of fishing?

Much obliged.

Chewy

Chewy not sure if this is too late, but for Santo I know of 2 charters available.

- Bokisa Resort operates their own charters, so if your already booked in to accomodation with them then you just have to organise it with them. http://www.bokissa.vu/

- If your going to be staying in town then you can give Santo Island Dive & Fishing a call (I will get you their brochures for contact details) they are on the main road.

Sorry I can only advise on Santo charters :( as I live here and can't really comment on the Port Vila charters, although it seems Nautilus might be the go.

Iam in Santo until the 17th of Jan so if your here around then drop me a PM :thumbup:

good luck with your Vila charters

ray.

My mate owns the game boat 'Nevagivup' & now has an additional 4-5 boats in operation. Check out South Pacific Anglers in Vila. Go to the waterfront bar & grill & ask for Charles Wheeler.

Top notch operation. He would hold his own with anyone & is a top bloke to boot.

Cheers,

Grant.