Botany Bay 7/1/2007

mikey85

Can you please elaborate on which part of your fishing trip was shite?

Was it the fishing, results, weather, getting up at sparrows fart, petrol costs, waiting at the ramp, missus complaining ..... or all of the above :biggrin2:

well, me and my old man were fishing with prawns, pilchards, white bait, chicken gut, slimy mackerel and chicken breast with cheese. Just bottom bashing with a bit of trolling. I think between us we got 10 bites and we were fishing from 6:30 will 10:30. Only got 1 fish in the boat, a 20cm flathead. Weather was good, we tried both runway's, around bear island, hot water outlet, drifted for flatties, the main channel, trolled around the heads, watts reef, middle of the bay where the tankers dock, nothin.

Out of the 80 boats that were fishing in the bay i did not see 1 pull up a fish, i think it was because of the cold water thats come in in the last day or so. 18 degrees. the water was

Edited by Mikey1

I fished the Bay today and did allright. The plan was to fished outside but we were forced to turn back at the heads by some very steep seas. At the heads the water temp was only 15.8 deg! Tried Miloneau Pt and a couple of the runways for hardly a touch. We then went drifting and caught 3 flathead (2 around 38-40cm and one 58cm), and one large whiting. The temp was much warmer well inside the bay with the sounder showing 20.8 deg.

Hi all

I fished Botany Bay this morning from about 6.00am. Tried for kinies with soft plastics, but never got any. Plan "B" I chased duskies with soft plastics. Managed 3 fish. 2 x 45cm and 1 at 60cm. I also caught a 35cm silver trevally.

The water temperature on the northern side of the bay was down to about 15 deg, but the water temperature on the southern side of the bay was up to 22 deg in places.

When I came back to the ramp at Kurnell a husband and wife team had about 10 very good bream, a couple of whiting and a tarwhine that was nearly a kilo. All were caught on blood worms off Towra.

GB

Sh#t.

Hi all, the bay can be very quiet at times.Ive found when the weather is great and no wind except form my fishing mates guts it can be dead. Even on a full moon and the bigger tides i dont seem to do well. Ive also been told its the best time on big tides and full moon for the jewie fishos.

Good luck on ur next day on the bay.

Love your report champ. Im no good in Botany, thats why I dont go. All of these reports sound like there are fish jumping in the boat. It takes alot of trips to be able to come back with a fantastic post.

But thanks for the update in Botany, wont be there till the fish come back :074:

Hey Mikey1

Mate sounds like you might need to change technique - my bro in law and i were in the same area as you and pulled out 2 fat breams over 36 cm and close to a Kg each, plsu 3 trevs all 35+ cm and a flattie! :thumbup:

Also were lucky to grab an occy on a 1/0 hook with peeled prawn (dont ask me how!)

:1fishing1:

The peeled prawn technique catches just about anything,

I swear by it.

penguin