Bluefish, Big Wind, Big Seas 08/01/07

offtap1

post-1870-1168247683_thumb.jpg

Well i couldnt have picked a better day to really test out my new Boat ( Cougarcraft 6.9 Hardtop ) , this in fact was third trip (just clicked up 21 hours in 3 trips) but first one to really test out stability. Put in Tunks 5.30am and dropped a couple of crab pots around the corner, out for livies which were really hard , only managed 6 yakkas in 2 hrs , then tried few spots around harbour for ziltch squid, next was as planned to hit bluefish and anchor. Edged out in howling southerly to find 2+ metre swell at heads with big seas. The new rig performed beautifully with minimum effort. Got to bluefish to find conditions not much better but still kept to plan and dropped anchor and threw out livies and some bait. Nothing for 2 hours before my livie goes for a run, locked up the drag and called it for a king peeling line and bouncing my stick like no tommorrow , got her in to find a 70cm fat Sambo, this thing was on steroids. Next up was mate Joe with a Samson then a double hook up on samsons then Caige(outdodad) with a samson then me. 1/2 an hour later and my last livie takes off peeling line and diving deep this one had to be a king and sure enough a 70cm specimen was boated. Up anchor and start the run back , round corner to find the sea conditions had changed now to 3-4 m swell with huge chop and at least a 30knot southerly , took my time heading wide and around headland the Cougarcraft was extremely stable riding up and over these mountains ahead of us with ease, was an absolute pleasure to skipper. Anyway got back in , almost forgot about crab pots , lucky as we scored a couple of good blue swimmers to top off a mad day. Cheers see u all on the water Dave

post-1870-1168247718_thumb.jpg

post-1870-1168247830_thumb.jpgpost-1870-1168247848_thumb.jpg

Edited by offtap1

Nice work Dave - gawd that boat looks awesome - would like to have a close up look - how much does it all weight (tow weight) - time to start saving :074:

i was fishing off the rocks at bluefish today saw you out there, that boat did look very stable in the conditions. How were the schools of bait out there geez the mutton birds were loving it. was amazed not to see many bigger predators out there it looked like it would be absolutley firing. ah well thems the breaks. nice baot.

Nice work Dave - gawd that boat looks awesome - would like to have a close up look - how much does it all weight (tow weight) - time to start saving :074:

Hi Aron mate boat is an absolute pleasure, the tow weight is 2300kgs the electric brake 4 wheel disc 7.1m Dumbier trailer is 680kgs alone, this trailer is the ultimate in launch and drive on. drive boat on on any angle in any winds. Cheers Dave

i was fishing off the rocks at bluefish today saw you out there, that boat did look very stable in the conditions. How were the schools of bait out there geez the mutton birds were loving it. was amazed not to see many bigger predators out there it looked like it would be absolutley firing. ah well thems the breaks. nice baot.

Hi Dave the bait schools sure were plentifull we hit them earlier with lures and did troll around for a while but gave up, picked then for slimies but dont know. Our Sambo was full of white bait though.

Guest Reel Addiction (Sea Jay)

Well done mate atleast you got a feed, we planned to get out today but called it off 3.00AM this morning especially when the wind warning came through, although if i only had the boat a couple of week i would have been out there for sure.

Anyway mate congrats on the fishing on such a shitty day, bet you and the coast guard where the only ones out there!!!!!!

Cheers

Iain

Dave I think that 70cm Salmon is a Fishraider record.

penguin

Hi buddy i think ur right but i didnt get pic with measuring tape and now its in my old mans stomach. :074:

Edited by offtap1

well done on christening the new beast mate.

top stuff.

maybe sometime we can link up for some dollies .

Thanks John will be catching up real soon for Dollie fun, 2 x Cougarcrafts hittin the Fads together, bring on the action Cheers Dave