Berowra 9/1

sk.

Hit Berowra again for another day, after yesterdays effort things were looking promising.

Went and got crabs straight away, got a few including some big ones but not as many as I would of liked.

First spot we tried was fairly quiet except for one legal bream, a welcome start to the day. :thumbup:

Went to the spot from yesterday, were we knew the bream were, Calabash Bay. First cast my mate brings in his first legal, hopes were up. :yahoo: From their on we brought in another 4 legal bream, best 2 at 33cm. :biggrin2: Many just under bream were caught and returned. We kept fishing till we used all the crabs up, nearly every cast their was a bite. The bigger bream caught were on the bigger crabs aswell.

Tried flicking the same area with sp's but for no luck. Tried a few more banks in various areas for no results.

Finally stopped at the moored boats near the ramp for one last legal bream on a soft plastic.

Overall a great day out, best fishing at Berowra yet, so cant look forward to future exhibitions :biggrin2:

Cheers Shaun

post-63-1168316976_thumb.jpg

Well done there mate, i was out last night and managed only a couple of bream with only one keeper just!

Did however think i had a jew of substantial size when my TLD started screaming but it turned out to be a ray, we fished calabash bay also but there were alot of tiny tailor devouring every bait dropped including soft plastics.

well done mate. The bigger bream wont be around till autumn. I fish the area alot and penned some reports about bream on crabs in Berowra about a year ago. I have found that summer is not the best time for em. Yes there are fish but its a kindergarten. Try further down the creek towards bar island. There is bigger fish and more of them.