Sydney Harbour 14/01/2007

cbietola

got out this morning fro a fish, so glad i went today not yesterday

squidded early on for a meezley two suid , and headed out to north head kingfish car park

not much action for a while but the guys next to us were getting smashed , mainly by rats.

It didnt take long after that for the action to pick up for us either . I must thank them to cause they were a good bunch of guys that gave us a few tips as well.

we ended up with 4 keepers all around 60 - 64 cm

we got another 4 that were all under 60, which we let go

we lost a few more as were trying but when all four rods go off at once we could only manage to save our rods from going for a swim, by the time we got to them they were wrapped around the marker or snagged up somewhere.

iD say they were only rats as well as all the boats were gettn em same sizes as us.

by the time we left they were even taking pillies, according to one of the other boats there, but we got all ours on squid .

so on the whole only rats but great fun and cant wait for the social next week

and my mate with me got to catch his fist few kings so he was rapped

cheers

see use next week

Sounds a bit fishy to me, tell me how do you catch eight kings with only two squid as you mentioned all eight were caught only on squid, like all fisherman sounds like you know how to tell a tale, and if you caught all eight on only two squid then you are probably the best bait presenter ever to be able to catch eight squid and preserve two squid constantly, next time post pics so that we know you are not full of it. tell me how can all four rods go off with only two squid?

Edited by pjpoppet

i dont know about everyone else but i always have some frozen squid with me in case i dont get any and i cant upload the photos cause it says they r to big in size to post em , they r about 1 meg each photo so if any one can help me on how to upload them would be much appreciated

i dont know about everyone else but i always have some frozen squid with me in case i dont get any and i cant upload the photos cause it says they r to big in size to post em , they r about 1 meg each photo so if any one can help me on how to upload them would be much appreciated

Check out Infrascan in site news, helped me, need to resize pics, and dont worry about what some people think, and good report. Cheers Dave

Edited by offtap1

I tell you what, with an orange boat like that I will definitely NOT miss you out on the water. Congrats on a good haul!

By the way on wednesday, I caught 2 squid and landed some 3 kings on them. We quit fishing as we had had enough by the time but still had plenty of bait left. Cheers Kelvin

Well done shadow,I went last week and caught nothing.Stayed home done my bearings on the trailer for the long weekend.Just in case don't want the wheel to come off . Going up to boat harbour,Anyone with tips for spots up there, i have a 4m savage 30hp .Nice Kings Mate

Edited by jessam

Sounds a bit fishy to me, tell me how do you catch eight kings with only two squid as you mentioned all eight were caught only on squid, like all fisherman sounds like you know how to tell a tale, and if you caught all eight on only two squid then you are probably the best bait presenter ever to be able to catch eight squid and preserve two squid constantly, next time post pics so that we know you are not full of it. tell me how can all four rods go off with only two squid?

GOOD ONE MATE :nono::banned2:

Great report Shadow ,Well Done !! :thumbup:

Rat's seems to be everywhere,

we fish B/B Sunday, and all we could manage was Rat's, Mind you been fishing the bay for last 10 years, I've never seeing so many rats before, anyone else??????

so I think we done the right thing with the kingie traps. :thumbup:

Cheers

Dave

Guest Reel Addiction (Sea Jay)

Well done mate great haul there, Kings are my favourite eating fish

Good onya mate get out there and get some more.