Northern Beaches Fishing

henryinnis

Went to North Narra to meet up with Alex Bellissimo at 2.20 for a whiting and beach worming session and to try and get a feed. We arrived 5 mins late, turned up, and saw Alex's van. We got out, had a look, which then at which point I said Where's Alex? A bloke nearby said, "Don't worry he's just gone worming. He'll be back soon."

Linda asked him if he was a fisherman. He said yes, you may have heard of me I'm Gary Brown. We all nearly dropped dead. He gave us a free copy of his book which he signed for us and then we set off. Gary stayed with us. Alex took us to spot X on Nth Narra where we picked up a couple of worms in tough conditions. 20 in total in 2 and a bit hours. :thumbdown::ranting2::thumbdown:

Very hard!

We then moved down a few street's and began to fish. Tough work, an 1 1/2 hour no result. Tried another spot for nothing as well. 3 hours gone. Finally we moved beaches to Long Reef. Come up on the beach and loads of weed. Dropped a line and in the first ten minutes a whiting hooks up. Landed, legal, 31cm. :thumbup:

Fished for another half an hour, suns going done and the fish are biting. The bloke next to us got a decent salmon and so we put another heavier line out for no result.

Then I start pulling it in and 1 metre off the beach a little spotted dart takes the worms. Dad also picks one up. Gary had several bites put pulled up only weed. Dad casts again and WHAMMO and a 1 1/2 pound tarwhine pulls up.

Gary then pulled up another Tarwhine which was a bit smaller. Worms AGAIN! As the sun finally set Linda's line starts hissing off. Alex called weed, I called weed. Alex then called fish. After a 5 minute fight, a 50 cm (approx) ray comes out.

All in all a fantastic finish! :1fishing1:

Have fun everyone and see you at the social!

Henners

post-2980-1168950622_thumb.jpg

Guest danielinbyron

whiting "the breakfast of champions " the only fish I can eat for breakfast ..

sounds like a great afternoon henry ....being able to catch your own worms puts u into a whole new league i reckon ... good on ya

Fishing with two legends !!! Would have been great. Both Gary and Alex are top blokes, knowledgable in their areas of fishing, friendly and down to earth. I have met both of them at fishing seminars, and they have time for everyone. I saw Gary at Tunks Park boat ramp the other day cleaning his catch of bream and trevs, asked him a few questions and no hassles for him.

Edited by 445F

Hi Henry, Chris and Leslie

Yes it was a bit tough getting the worms, but they did the trick. It was really nice meeting the 3 of you yesterday.

And, yes Alex is good at telling stories. All of them true.

I have added a few photos of the afternoon

GB

Hi Henry, Chris and Leslie

Yes it was a bit tough getting the worms, but they did the trick. It was really nice meeting the 3 of you yesterday.

And, yes Alex is good at telling stories. All of them true.

I have added a few photos of the afternoon

GB

post-547-1169011633_thumb.jpg

post-547-1169011657_thumb.jpg

post-547-1169011673_thumb.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

I thought this all sounded familiar went to seminar held by gary and alex tonight....very informative. Any way turns out your famous now Henry your day out got mentioned in the talk :1prop: Hi Gary if your out there make a couple more posts.....plz :1prop:

Edited by gio