Quinny Restoration

twoducks

Hi all thought you might want to have a look at my website, of a Quintrex my mate and i did up for another mate of mine. Now be kind its my first go at a website..lol and im still learning.

Anyways tell us what you think good or bad!..lol

Might be slow on dial up

Post your questions on here and ill try to answer them..lol

Website http://home.exetel.com.au/altina/index.htm

Cheers Twoducks

Edited by twoducks

Thats a pretty detailed project

very neat and tidy

Its a credit to you and your hard work

A big 2 thumbs up from me

:thumbup:

Thank you, yep a bit of work, but the owner did a fair bit before i got to it.but having the space helped a lot.

And what helps is my neighbour and i love doing it..keeps us out of the Missus hair..lol

Very nice end result twoducks !! I have the 55 Evinrude , about the same vintage. I found a great site that covers problems and solutions for Evinrude engines , you can find it HERE .

Ross

Thanks Flightmanger, nice to see a fellow Blackett boy on Fishraider, i actually grew up there..lol

Well done on the Quinny, looks more than just a 6 pack project. I have just purchased a similar boat with no middle seat and am looking at removing the rear seat to have a flat bottom, installing an opening windscreen with the anchor well up the front and installing an under floor fuel tank. I am also hoping to move the battery to under the nose to maximise the space down the back.

This no doubt will be a long term project!!!!

Has anyone attempted anything similar?

WOW the old quinnie really turned up good, i bet there was many hours and about as many beers put into restoring it, she looks the goods.

cheers james

Took 4 or 5 weekends and i mucked about with it pretty much every night during the week.

A few beers were sunk as they say..lol. The beers in the pic were just the ones i had while thinking where to start..lol

Cheers Twoducks

Looks great mate, did mine recently so know exactly what you went through.Gets addictive buying new stuff and fitting it out.

Now all done and i want another boat to make over,haha.

Few pics of it in the final stages

post-3135-1169442922_thumb.jpgpost-3135-1169442955_thumb.jpg

post-3135-1169442975_thumb.jpgpost-3135-1169443180_thumb.jpg

Very tidy there Strikey,yep it does get addictive! just wondering did your boat have a middle seat?, My mates toying with the idea of removing his for a bit of extra room. Also the old 50hp you see on the boat is being replaced this week with a new 40 Yammy...Bloody show off he is if you ask me...lol.

Think he just wants to try and beat my old De Haviland with my old 40 Mariner..lmao

Edited by twoducks

Hey twoducks,

Mine didnt have a middle seat when i got it, it only had the rear seat.Front bench had been removed and a floor installed with 2 crappy seats which i replaced.

In terms of room it makes a heap of difference.

I think your mate is trying to top u for sure with the 50hp, you will be toying with the idea of a De Haviland restoration next,lol

Pics of the new 40, yeah i Know i thought it was going to be a 50..lol

Should have been out on the Hawkesbury today.. i am awaiting the report

post-2192-1169811749_thumb.jpg[post-2192-1169811725_thumb.jpg

Will update the website asap,if all works out will have a few more restorations on there

Cheers

Twoducks

Edited by twoducks

Well done, your patience and hard work is to be admired!!!

Question: I have a 2003 Quintrex coast runner, where the hinges are for the window there are rust stains. The screws for the hinge look to be stainless steel, so why is it rusting. Should the screws be alloy of some sort?

Two thumbs up for your work on the quinny mate... great job!

Is that 40 yammy the 2 cly model which is fairly light weight? If it is the same model, I would really like to hear how it performs trolling/ ideling/ fuel performance etc.

Yes its the two cylinder yammy, It was taken out on Australia Day for the first time,more or less for a small run in. He hasnt had a chance to try trolling yet. but he was more than impressed with the ease of starting and performance, pushed the old girl along no problem.

Oh and as far as the fishing went not alot about just the usual small stuff and the ever present Catfish!!

Cheers Twoducks

Well done, your patience and hard work is to be admired!!!

Question: I have a 2003 Quintrex coast runner, where the hinges are for the window there are rust stains. The screws for the hinge look to be stainless steel, so why is it rusting. Should the screws be alloy of some sort?

Will get my mate to have a look at his asap,been a while since we put her together. Just cant remember if the hinges were held by stainless screws or rivets.

You can get rust/staining if they are normal steel screws against alloy/Aluminium. Usually we use either stainless rivets or stainless nuts/bolts/screws.

Cheers Twoducks

Will get my mate to have a look at his asap,been a while since we put her together. Just cant remember if the hinges were held by stainless screws or rivets.

You can get rust/staining if they are normal steel screws against alloy/Aluminium. Usually we use either stainless rivets or stainless nuts/bolts/screws.

Cheers Twoducks

Rusting will also occur if the screws are 306 grade stainless steel. These normally come from hardware stores.

OK in fresh water , hopeless in salt water

The correct grade is 316 , generally only available from boating shops like Bias , Whitworth etc

Geoff