Sport Fish In The Hacking

Dolmo

Hi,

I am interested in catching some kingies, salmon, bonito,etc in the port Hacking.

I am currently only land based so I am guessing around lilli pilli baths is a good spot to head.

Just after tips on how, setups, etc.

I have always been a sinker, swivel, leader, hook person and using small live bait or fresh dead bait.

Sp is something i am looking into and a guess so is small lures.

I have light 7ft rod wth 10pnd line and a 2500 with around 4 - 8pnd line on it.

I havnt tried for these guys before so any adivce is welcomed!

Thank you

Brad

yep lili pilli is exactly wat ur lookn for but gotta be der early as smal wharf fcan get crowded or fish on the right next to rocks every outing ive caught a bonito or kingfish at least.

Also they use metal and soft plastics to get em i usto use a soft plastic under float and reel up fast and usto always get u will see a guy there everyday using the same rig i use and always catches

sorry also u can try gymea bay very gopod to pick up big tailor yellowtails and also ive gotten a few bonitos and seen a few guys get kingfish casting inbetween the boats there good luk h

Edited by kabz

yep lili pilli is exactly wat ur lookn for but gotta be der early as smal wharf fcan get crowded or fish on the right next to rocks every outing ive caught a bonito or kingfish at least.

Also they use metal and soft plastics to get em i usto use a soft plastic under float and reel up fast and usto always get u will see a guy there everyday using the same rig i use and always catches

sorry also u can try gymea bay very gopod to pick up big tailor yellowtails and also ive gotten a few bonitos and seen a few guys get kingfish casting inbetween the boats there good luk h

Ok then,

Thank you for the info, I will have to get out alot more and start meeting fellow fishers out and about