Hawksbury

forever

went out yesturday to see if we can land that all mighty jew, but again was not to be.get to the boat ramp to be meet by at 15 boats waiting to enter the water,i thought to myself 2 things,1-someone spread a rumour the jewies are on or there all here to get away from the heat.anyway, apparently there was a charity bream fishing comp up river . head out to flint and steel to be meet by a swell that was at least 1-1.5 in the bay ,which was surprise.we get to the flint and steel to find we had the place to our self.so we set up camp before day light and the wait begins.after about an hour or so, we have or fist touch of a bait, very unlikely as the pickers usaully smash your bait within 2 min of being in the water.it was a false alarm.10 min later the rod buckles,and you can only imagine the line that was coming off the 6500.after a 5 min fight ,we land a gummy shark that was at least 1m long, it put up a very good fight for what it was.it was very quite for the next hour or so ,so we decided to move spots.i turned on the sounder to find that the water temp was reading only 15.5 ,which was way to cold for any fish to come out and play.so we pull up anchor to find a school of tailor jumping around, make or way to them, catch about 10 in 5min for livies and move on,as we headed back up river,between flint and steel and junos point, we noticed about 20 boats fishing this 1 spot,no idea what was going on there as it was the 1st time ive seen so many boats there,if any fishraider was in that group can you let me know if there is a reef?????.again head past junos point to find it was like a car park,so go further up river to try this spot on the turn of the tide.get the rods out, and within 2 min, where on to a soapie, going about 60cm,and that was it.

decided to call it a day,first time i have seen the water temp so cold in the river,i need help to post pic?

between flint and steel and junos point, we noticed about 20 boats fishing this 1 spot,no idea what was going on there as it was the 1st time ive seen so many boats there,if any fishraider was in that group can you let me know if there is a reef?????

I went out yesterday, went past all those boats there too ....just after 5am.

Is that what they call the middle ground? As far as i know its normally a drifting ground on sand & gravel.

We saw water just over 20 deg around Lion Isand. then headed further down the coast towards Collaroy and saw 16.5 deg. Stopped at West Reef on the way home and it was about 18.5 Deg C.

Also heard the beach/surf report and the DJ said the water was freezing around Terrigal/Avoca, but didnt say what temperature it was.

cheers

Rod