Night Fishing What Do I Need

Dolmo

Heading off pontoon tomorrow evening (tuesday), in the port hacking. To do an all nighter and hopefully pick up some nice fish! its abit snaggy on the bottom

Just wanting abit of help on what i would need and what yuu would recomend

I have:

1 x Prawn Net

1 x Scoop Net

2 x Lantern

1 x Head lamp

1 x pack snap glow stix (where to put them on line?)

2 x large bucket (1 for live bait 1 for fish)

1 x squid jig

What else is recomended for night fishing?

I am heading to tackle shop tomorrow before I head down to grab a small lure for tailor and such, some fresh bait and some larger hooks...i currenctly have 2.0 (flatty style) and i think its just a standard bream/snapper hook

Please help!

Thank you

what fish are you after?

If ur after jewfish theres a spot just near lilli pilli theres a big hole there heaps of jewfish but if you want to target them get very fresh squid and live tailor or filleted tailor

I dont really know what to target at night as such.

I was going to throw a decent size bait out deeper for hopefully a jew or large flatty

In closer im hoping bream, whiting, flounder, flatty....not sure whate else.

in morning and around sunset im hoping to pick up tailor, bonito, kingies on lure if they come close enough to the pontoon for me to cast over to.

you should get them jewfish around the hole at lilli pilli or yowie bay if you want big flatheads yowie bay hole, bream, whiting etc south west arm theres a little drop off right next to the sand bar next to a pole and also if you want kingfish, bonito and tailor troll or throw soft plastics around lilli pilli, gymea bay and around yowie bay but if ur gunna head out to the heads youve got a much better chance also where is the pontoon your talking about?

where is the pontoon your talking about?

The pontoon is across from Lilli Pilli Baths

I do not have a boat running at the moment so i am unable to trawl or head out to certain spots.

The pontoon in in south caringbah...a private boatshed/pontoon In Turriel Bay or Great Turriel Bay...not sure which one is is over that side.

I have caught many nice leatherjackets there, lots of small pinky snapper, few bream, flounder, flathead, whiting and even a blue groupert 2 years ago....its a good spot, just need to know what to do about the snaggy bottom at night, as during the day i can normal get around being snagged altough it does occur....maybe float fresh bait or live bait? I think the water gets around 10 - 15m mark out there, not to sure though.

Edited by Dolmo

The pontoon is across from Lilli Pilli Baths

I do not have a boat running at the moment so i am unable to trawl or head out to certain spots.

The pontoon in in south caringbah...a private boatshed/pontoon In Turriel Bay or Great Turriel Bay...not sure which one is is over that side.

I have caught many nice leatherjackets there, lots of small pinky snapper, few bream, flounder, flathead, whiting and even a blue groupert 2 years ago....its a good spot, just need to know what to do about the snaggy bottom at night, as during the day i can normal get around being snagged altough it does occur....maybe float fresh bait or live bait? I think the water gets around 10 - 15m mark out there, not to sure though.

any chance of finding a map of the place or even the nearest street on teh street directory? I was lookin for places all around today off porthacking and some were ok, others seemed too shallow

any chance of finding a map of the place or even the nearest street on teh street directory? I was lookin for places all around today off porthacking and some were ok, others seemed too shallow

its private property mate...Grandparents place.

There are a few good places around....what are you trying to catch?

If you want Flatties, whiting, flounder or bream then try Grays Point

Either right of the boat ramp or you go down grays point road and there is a parking area and you can walk out on the sand flats at low tide and work the channel.

I havnt caught i flatty here but i know they are there, guy next to me caught a nice one off my berley trail the other week.

I have picked up all legal size whiting..not a single throw away and had some nice hits without a hook up.

Wallys warf is in a weird position, i would try there early morning in about 2 months

So...what do i need to fish at night :1prop::1fishing1: