Braid

big_steve

hey guys/gals

just got my self a new stella and i wanna whack on 2 it some 50-80Lb braid

i dont really Know to much about braid and brands ect ect..

ive got a few reels with FINNS and it seems to be ok..

are there any standout types or brands ect that i can get..

spending so much on the reel i wanna put the best quality braid onto it that i can find..

any info is a gr8 help..

thanks in advanced

steve :1fishing1:

Finns and Fireline are pretty much top of the line (pun intended) - although if you want to really spend the $$ to match your Stella then the coloured japanese braids are the way to go.

Dunno what the brands are but I'm sure other Raiders do.

although if you want to really spend the $$ to match your Stella then the coloured japanese braids are the way to go.

Dunno what the brands are but I'm sure other Raiders do.

I was just reading that Daiwa Hyper Sensor, YGK Jig Man and Varivas Avani GT are all top-of-the range Japanese GSP brands, but other such as Power Pro and Tuf Line XP are also cost-effective and reliable. I got this information from an article about popper fishing for monster GTs. I know that Chris and Sam are fans of FINS in those heavier ratings, though.

Flattieman.

Edited by Flattieman

If you dont want to go those Japanese ones as they can be pricey, Ive run 50lb tufline for spinning with my saltiga. Only reason I didnt go the other brands is that I fish off the rocks, and it can get costly when getting drilled by kings on the other lines....

Are you casting or jigging with it ? If jigging the Jap ones are colour coded every x metres so that helps you work out the depth.

Edited by squidgie

I have just perchased some Power Pro Microfilament Line.The Brand is Spectra and this stuff amazing. When I did some break tests with Brian the 4.5kg line snapped at about 18 kgs on the game scales. The brade is white and casts very well. I will be respooling all my rods with this stuff. Its not cheap but if its going on a Stella I would match a high quality Braid to the high quality reel. I hope this helps. :thumbup:

Guest danielinbyron

break tests are only part of the story.. how the line behaves out of the box ..its abrasion resistance uv resistance how it feel after its been through the guides a few times is the test.. my bang for the buck is tuff line xp... i don't like fireline at all by comparison..

but it would appear for each quality in a braided line there are some pitfalls : ie tuff line has greater abrasion resistance and is stiffer through the guides its coating seems to hold up better but it sinks faster than braid should as a result of the coating .. here is a link that i have posted before which i have found helpful in starting to get my head around more than the advertising campaigns of manufacturers..japan tackle chosing pe braided lines.

enjoy that reel brother they're a serious piece of work ..d;-]

Edited by danielinbyron

Hi!

I like use Berkley Wiplash pro 0,28mm (46,9kg), but it is thicker that 0.28mm, about 0.35-0.40mm. Anyway i like it.

Couple my frend use XDS Berkley Fireline 0.52mm (72kg), it is line for really big fishs, shame that i cant buy it anymore from here :mad3: . But i think that you can get it :1fishing1: