Clifton Gardens - 25/1/07

KingsRule

fished from 5am~1.30pm

Met kbark just after 5

The squid were a bit easier to catch today, kit catching a nice big one and me and my freind getting a couple of babys.

My freind landed a nice trev of 46cm, followed by me being busted off twice :mad3:

Then it was kit's turn and he also ended up being busted off :05:

Some bonnito came through , fired out a cast and next thing i know i land a nice little bonnie of 47cm :biggrin2:

About 9.30 i got a few taps and WHACK, it put up a great fight and i managed to land my 1st kingy off the wharf on bream gear (ish) 6lb fireline and 10lb trace :yahoo:

All were taken on fresh squid bar the bonnito

th.3d61abde8d.jpg

Well done again fellas, you two are really nailin the gardens.....

Do you get your squid at the end of the wharf in the deeper water - or do you get them in closer where you can see the weed?

good catch, pretty big trev as well

do you guy use floats from the wharf of put out cast out unweighted ?

Unweighted baits in a burly trail is the go

Well done again fellas, you two are really nailin the gardens.....

Do you get your squid at the end of the wharf in the deeper water - or do you get them in closer where you can see the weed?

Closer in where the weed is for the calamari & cuttlefish, the deeper water produces arrow squid at times.

mate everytime i come to check how everyones been doing you'v nailed a couple more kings off the wharf! Top job, keep up the good work!! :thumbup:

ps whats the best type of berley to get the kings going? bread based with tuna oil or cubes?

Edited by dicko1

nice job on the fish, youre making me want to skip work tomoro and go fishing!

work on australia day :1badmood:

Work on Australia day?! Thats un-Australian! ;)

Hoping to get out and chuck a line out today around the entrance with my Pa.

Anyone been out that wat lately, and can suggest some good land based fishing spots?

Socialites mention the Caravan park ..? (and a good chance of a get together in May!)

Cheers,

Hayls

i have a questin too, how do ya catch yakkas? same burly, small section of peeled prawn, no.8 or so hook? float? unweighted?

any advice!

Yea for the yakkas, just burly with bread and you will see them going nuts, float down an unweighted or lightly weighted bait (most baits work) and bob's your uncle