Forster Blackfish Official Attendance List

arpie

Hi guys and gals

Species: Blackfish aka Luderick 25cm and over

Date: Sat 2nd and Sun 3rd June 2007

Venue: Forster Marina Park and bbqs under the bridge

Start time: Daybreak both days (last of the runout tide on the Sat & Sun & turn of the in - good time to fish)

Species: Prize for Fishraider member's biggest blackie caught!

Ok it's now official!! The Inaugural Forster Blackfish Social will be going ahead on Saturday and Sunday 2nd and 3rd of June and the registration venue will be the grassed park with BBQs next to the marina, Forster (unless advised otherwise.) I plan to only fish the Forster breakwall, so anyone can find me there (if I am not at the registration venue!!)

Rules & regulations & other essential info will be forthcoming shortly!

I will endeavour to have a good supply of local weed available, but would strongly recommend all attendees to bring their own as well. Forster blackies are very broad minded - they will eat virtually anyone's weed!

If you have any mates living up here - put the hard word on them early, let them know that they will be having visitors on that first weekend in June! Those with other halves that do not fish ...... start doing things to be awarded Brownie points so that you are able to get away Fri afternoon for the weekend!

If not, I can recommend staying at Forster Beach Caravan Park. Forster Beach Caravan Park has a gate access directly to the boat ramp & breakwall, so for those wishing to stay close to the action, it would be convenient for accomodation. Cabins: pay for 5, stay for 7 & 10% discount on the price of the 5 you paid for. Powered sites for caravans & campervans: Weekly sites get 15% off (7 days only, no discount for less than a week!) so normal price if staying only for 2 or 3 nights.

Cabins are $42 a day (no ensuite) x 5 days = $210 (less 10% - $21) = $189 for 7 day stay! Not bad!

$66 a day (with ensuite) x 5 days = $330 (less 10% $33) = $297 for 7 days stay!

Delux cabins available $95 a night (as above for 5 days)

Powered Campsite: $22 a day (less 15% if staying 7 days) No discount for shorter stays.

Each covers 2 people & one car. If extra people stay, there is a daily surcharge.

See their website at : http://www.forsterbeachcaravan.com.au/

Mention "Fishraider" when booking & he will endeavour to put us all together.

Spoke with Chris (Forster Beach Caravan Park) today (1800 240 632) he recommends booking no later than Feb to confirm a spot. The Grey Nomads hit town in between holidays, but all 15 cabins are available just now! The convenience of being right there on the spot of one of the best blackfishing areas on the east coast cannot be understated! It is a 2 min walk to the fishing (if that!) It is just 4 min walk to the shops across the road and a 5 min drive to either Tuncurry or Forster main shops for 'bigger' shopping.

Please do not use this topic for questions on the event - it is only for the official attendees.

Please put your name down and any questions you may have on the 'pinned' Blackfish Social Topic:

Blackfish Social

The moderators will keep this list updated.

Cheerio

Roberta

Please don't hesitate to pm me if you have any queries!

Newbies should indicate if you are a first timer (FT) and require assistance with gear or (HBT) have blackfish tackle. I have one rod (rigged & ready to go) that can be borrowed, so 'first in best dressed'! Anyone else with a spare rod, if needed, it would be great if you could bring it along, just in case someone else needs one. Thanks Roberta

DEFINITES:

Roberta (HBT) one spare setup

Wettingaline

Kenmare (HBT) one spare setup

Outdoor Dan (HBT)

Dalucius + MrsDalucius

Roosterman (HBT)

Swordfisherman (HBT) Mrsswordfisherman (HBT)

Sails (HBT)

Offtap + Outdodad + Diane + Daughter (HBT)

Jil7779 & Peta

Bart

Gyropilot

Coollamon(FTHBT) & Wrongsize(FTHBT)

Ladslad

colbra (FTIMER) & Tony

There is plenty of parking either at the park or near the marina - for trailers, too

post-2231-1169960442_thumb.jpg

Edited by swordfisherman

Roberta,

Please add Flightmanager, Mrs Flightmanager and #1 Son to the list of attendees for the social

Cheers

Mrs Flightmanager

All in guys and gals :biggrin2:

Hi All Please add Me (offtap1) and Caige (outdodad) with Diane (Mrs) and Chloe (Daughter) (4 in Total) we have accomodation booked , also BOATER (in Little Boat Offtap2) with gear sufficient for Blackfish or so i hope, Thanks dave

Edited by offtap1

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone need to be added to the list for the Blackfish Social ?

Roosterman you are now on the certainty list :thumbup:

Cheers Stewy

Hi Guys

Take me off the list of maybes for this one, with the new job I'm going to be a bit time poor for the next few months, I'm still in for the entrance though.

Cheers

Hi Guys

Take me off the list of maybes for this one, with the new job I'm going to be a bit time poor for the next few months, I'm still in for the entrance though.

Cheers

Done mate. Sorry you can't make it but the new job takes precedence at this time.

Cheers,

Pete.

G'day everyone

Can you please add Jill7779 and Peta to the list of attendees for this event, total novices for this fish :074:

We are soooo keen, we have already booked a cabin and will be onsite for a week starting 28th May! :yahoo:

Roberta, we would just luv to join your worming classes.

Jill

G'day everyone

Can you please add Jill7779 and Peta to the list of attendees for this event, total novices for this fish :074:

We are soooo keen, we have already booked a cabin and will be onsite for a week starting 28th May! :yahoo:

Roberta, we would just luv to join your worming classes.

Jill

You have been added to the ever growing list.

Cheers,

Pete.