Hawksbury Barpoint Jewies

yobleduwop

Has anyone fished for jewies around bar point?

I have a mate who owns property down there, his jetty faces the deep channel just near bar point,

I was thinking of casting out a paternoster rig with some fresh squid on it

hope fully i can get it out the just after night fall on a full moon,

Any other hints or tips?

Thanks Guys, Joel

I have a mate who owns property down there, his jetty faces the deep channel just near bar point,

Any other hints or tips?

Thanks Guys, Joel

Edited by breambo

I dunno where Bar point is, but I do know that you gotta be in it to win it!!

I would have thought that fresh squid in a deep hawkesbury channel on dusk just before a full moon would be in with a great chance of picking up a jew. If I were you I'd definitely give it a try.

Any other hints or tips?

Thanks Guys, Joel

Yep, nice spot that, if your jetty is right out on the point you will be able to see the run of water going over the "bar" across the river. The boats line up on the high side of it and drift their lines back to nail the fish hiding behind waiting for the baitfish. Its actually regarded as a good bream spot, so prepare to change your target species if you keep getting picked apart.

On the down side of things, the Hawksbury is not giving too many things up at the moment. It really needs a good flush out.Prepare to work long and hard for a trophy. On the up side of things, it lends us fishos the opportunity to be totally creative and adventurous in our efforts to catch the big one!

Regards,

Stumpy

Guest danielinbyron

Depends on the run of the tide , try both tides an hour each way from low and high .. If there is a deep hole u can get at, it may be a good place for them to sit at low .. big flappy bait,re rigs i'd just go weight swivel trace 4/0 to 8/0.. if its on ya mates property it may be an underfished golden spot, but it may take a bit to learn the bottom , find structure etc.also work out how you'll land it if you do get on , nothing worse than having a big fish no waay to land it no gaff.

If there is bait there there will be bigger guys up there to eat it sometime ... that'll be a patience game so maybe take a second rod to flick sp's or bream with and set a bait out on the first ..good luck..

Thanks heaps for the responses guys,

Ill probably cast out one night and do some sp fishing while i wait, ive caught 12 65cm plus flathead in one night there over about 3 hours so ive got plenty to do while i wait, (theres nothing like trying to decide which fish to keep and which ones to throw back when they're all keepers)

its one of those golden spots when it comes to flathead so hopefully its the same for jewies,

Thanks again

Joel

sounds pretty promising from that description..

Golden spot hey,

Mabe you could tie a ribbon around the end of the peer, just in case you fall off in a fog and need to find your way back.Not that I would be cruising past that particular evening looking for a peer with a ribbon on it,

mabe to cast out and spin up flatties :1prop:

Sounds brilliant, have fun

Stumpy

I would not be using a paternoster rig. You need a running sinker rather than a dead weight. If a jew feels that sort of weight he will let go for sure.

Davo

If you can get on a boat, sound-out the drop off on the bar.Then fish so your baits are flowing down over the ledge.You MUST use heavy gear because there are lots of cave sections under the ledge that the big fellas head for as soon as they are hooked, be prepared to lose a bit of gear. :1fishing1: