Anglers Being Thrown A Line

Dolmo

Hi,

I was reading the paper this morning and found a little article that I think 'Fish Raider' Should take up.

The article is as follows:

"Recreational fishing groups and individuals are invited to apply for State Government grants to improve local fishing facilities.

The money, which is raised from recreational fishing licences, is only available for projects that BENEFIT recreational fishing. Last year more than $10 million was spent on projects such as fish stocking programs and fishing platforms.

I will email them and ask how the projects are undertaken, etc.

I would like to be apart of this if the admin / people that look after fish raider would like to organise a commitee for it? Then we could find out what the raider community would like to invest in project and apply for the grants?

I think more restocking would be nice, but also upgrading places such as lilli pill baths...making the warf go around the entire structure not just the left side and so on...things like this would accomidate more people and allows for a better environment to fish from.

Edited by mrsswordfisherman

That is probably the best idea i have heard of for such a long time.

To just add an extra few metres to that wharf would be an extreme benefit and to have it go all the way around would be excellent as it would put you in a better position to be right over the drop off!

I'll be in on helping out on this for sure!

I can haha

I know alot of people that like it and if they did put the walkway around the entire facility it would be less crowded (possibly more, with more people going) But it would be a nicer environtment and give alot more opportunities to fish areas and be out of the way of boat traffic to some extent.

If you like it lots you will have to come down one morning

I think another obvious and major project would be fish restocking....would be nice for them to do some more jewies...maybe another 3000 but this time 1500 in hacking and 1500 in harbour. Proably stock a few more snapper and species like that also.

I can haha

I know alot of people that like it and if they did put the walkway around the entire facility it would be less crowded (possibly more, with more people going) But it would be a nicer environtment and give alot more opportunities to fish areas and be out of the way of boat traffic to some extent.

If you like it lots you will have to come down one morning

Planning on heading down crack of dawn sunday morning, if its too busy i have a back up spot in burraneer bay to go to (looks very kingie'ish but never fished it before)

Thanks for posting this.

There are some plans in order for this proposal already. Fisheries have been contacted.

Any person interested in this please contact us immediately. A committee is to be formed.

Contact us by pm or email donnaandstewy@iinet.net.au with any suggestions or ideas for submissions.

No posting of suggestions or ideas please on the forums. All will be posted when organised.

Cheers mrsswordfisherman