Clifton 7/2

KINGvirgin

Headed down to Clifton to see what all the fuss was about, arrived at 5:30am to be greeted by 3 other fisho's and about 2000 mossies.... i was armed with some fresh squid purchased from the markets and some salted pilly's , the squid didnt get a look in by the fish and i ended up giving over half a kilo to the gent who was fishin wit me , the pilly's fared only slightly better with 2 undersize snapper. decided to hang to see if the turning tide would help but alas it didnt.... even tried livebaiting with some yakka's i caught which was a first!

It was one of the quietest days i have ever had ( i saw 2 decent bream caught and a few smallies), the wind was quite strong and made life hard...

but as we always say as fisherman

" a bad days fishing is still better than a good days work".

Till next time!

agreed, got out early this morning, jigged up some live squid and fished a couple of the markers. pretty quiet except for some small snapper on squid strips. i had a bit of excitement on a big squid i head i put down unweighted right on the low, an extremely aggressive fish (pretty sure it was a king) knocked the sh.t out of the eyes on the head but managed stay unattached, even after putting a couple couple of serious bends in a heavy Calstar.

like they say, better luck next time!

Me & a mate headed out yesterday morning to clifton & middle head. At the top of the tide the kings were there in numbers, it was insane, but found they wouldnt touch the squid. All they wanted was any sort of lure that you could find in your tackle box. A few different colours resulting better than others. They hung around all day. we left about 2:30 & they were still going nuts.

Headed down to Clifton to see what all the fuss was about, arrived at 5:30am to be greeted by 3 other fisho's and about 2000 mossies.... i was armed with some fresh squid purchased from the markets and some salted pilly's , the squid didnt get a look in by the fish and i ended up giving over half a kilo to the gent who was fishin wit me , the pilly's fared only slightly better with 2 undersize snapper. decided to hang to see if the turning tide would help but alas it didnt.... even tried livebaiting with some yakka's i caught which was a first!

It was one of the quietest days i have ever had ( i saw 2 decent bream caught and a few smallies), the wind was quite strong and made life hard...

but as we always say as fisherman

" a bad days fishing is still better than a good days work".

Till next time!

Yeh i was there yesterday and there didnt seem t be much action except for the picky local kingies under the wharf, which i reckon feed on scrap bait pieces and burley but will rarely be interested in a baited hook.

One bloke there caught a live squid and it was used to no result, the king wasnt interested.

we scored 2 legal bream but were really after something else, perhaps the colder water is keeping them outside the heads jus a lil longer

Just a hint, Market or fish shop squid is no good full stop! It has fresh water/ice on it, it loses its characteristics and is useless as a bait. Save your money champ. Catch it at the wharf, or buy fresh frozen squid of reputable people.

Just a hint, Market or fish shop squid is no good full stop! It has fresh water/ice on it, it loses its characteristics and is useless as a bait. Save your money champ. Catch it at the wharf, or buy fresh frozen squid of reputable people.

thanks thats some good advice. I am not and never have been a squid fan, i have never managed a catch with it, but if u know where to get the best fresh im keen to pay $$$ .

Me & a mate headed out yesterday morning to clifton & middle head. At the top of the tide the kings were there in numbers, it was insane, but found they wouldnt touch the squid. All they wanted was any sort of lure that you could find in your tackle box. A few different colours resulting better than others. They hung around all day. we left about 2:30 & they were still going nuts.

LOL never had much luck on lures either........ :05:

Mate tuff luck on the fishing front, Keep persisting and your name will become "King Master" soon enough

I'll happily retire after i get A king.... :yahoo: