Low Individual

beachwormer

Anyone ever have this happen to them? I'm driving home, I'm travelling up a one-way street when a mercedes 4WD pulls up directly in front of me. I politely wait to see what he's going to do, when without warning he starts reversing. I lean on my horn but it's too late and his rear left bumper crunches my right front and side panels. He then drives forward and parks. I get out of the car. Although I'm mightily pissed off, I couldn't be nicer. I ask him if he's OK, he says yeah. No sorry or anything. We exchange particulars. I say "are you happy you were in the wrong here?". He says "Not really". I ask him what he means, to which he replies "You drove up the back of me and hit my car". I ring the police (who are not interested because no one is injured). No witnesses except his passenger, who looked just as dodgy as his mate so I didn't bother asking if he was honest.

There are some people around who are just oxygen thieves. They do not belong in this country.

The nice part (which surprised me) is when I immediately rang my insurance company and explained what happened, they assured me I wouldn't have to pay any excess, even if this c**t goes one step further and tries to get me to pay his damages. They said they would settle something with his insurance company. But I assume he won't pay any excess either, which annoys me, as the BS he tells his insurance company to worm out of paying an excess is a form of criminal insurance fraud that costs all of us honest people in terms of higher premiums.

Hi beachwormer

I would hope that any reputable crash repairer or damage assessor would be able to tell who perpetrated the incident! This could be in the way of any paint transfer from his vehicle to yours or even the shape of the damage done to the panels and, of course, the angle of the 'hit'.

Even tho your insurer reckons you won't have to pay any excess - I bet your policy will go up big time next year!

Shame on him! Next time, just sit on the horn!! I got 'written off' in my car (well the car was!) when I saw a bloke approaching a give way sign & assumed he was going to stop, as he had slowed down. He didn't - he actually accelerated straight into the drivers door (me!). If I had sat on my horn, I am pretty sure it would not have happened!

Cheerio

Roberta

Hi Roberta

No, the NRMA says it won't affect my no claim bonus as they accept I was not the at fault driver.

And I leaned on my horn the moment I realised what was about to happen and kept on the horn until after the impact. But our little friend was apparently deaf as well as blind, dangerous and criminally dishonest. He was probably on his mobile as well at the time.

I've met lowlifes like this before under different circumstances. All sorts of vengeful thoughts go through your mind, but I've learned to quickly forget about them and not waste thoughts or feelings on them (but I have vented a little to my friends and on this forum!) . You want them out of your life as quickly as possible, maggots that they are.

Has happened to me before.

Once parked at the station, went to work, and came back. When I got back I found a car smashed into the back of my car, couldn't believe my eyes. :1yikes:

No sign of the driver, so I call a mate of mine over who lived nearby to bring a camera to take some pictures and go doorknocking. Figured that seeing as it was around soccer world cup time, some bloke had gone down to the bottleo completely hammered and didn't realise his creative parking mistake.

Doorknock didn't return anything so we didn't know what to do. After not long, this guy turns up with a girl in his car and asks me what the problem was, that was his car. Told him to take a closer look and asked him if he noticed anything a bit amiss. Anyhow he drove up the road a bit and parked the car. Could hear yelling and screaming from the car, so figured that his daughter had smashed her car into mine, locked her car, jumped on the train and went to work! :wacko:

Anyhow BIG problems eventuated later when I:

a) Found out this dude was a hotshot lawyer who threatened to go after me

b.) We were both insured by the same insurance company so they couldn't be bothered even talking to us :1badmood:

Ah well thankfully nothing bad happened. But all the same, couldn't believe the stupidity...if she had at least driven off to park elsewhere I wouldn't have noticed and it would have saved both of us the heartache...

That's my tale of woe. :05:

Mike

Edited by Little_Flatty

beachwormer ,did you do a P5 with the Police? as if he and his mate make statements that you drove in to him you have nowhere to go ,as Knock for Knock won't come in to play, with conflicting statements you will be on the wrong end and have to pay your excess ,( BEEN IN THE TRADE FOR OVER 30 YEARS seen it all to many times before )

Beachwormer

Get your statement in to the police (I think it needs to be within 24hrs of the accident) If the low life makes a statement and you dont, the insurance company will not have much favourable (for your side) evidence to asses blame.

At best you might see the insurance company call "it" as contributory negligence.

I would not be inclined to take the word of your insurance company anyway, as the info from them can change depending on which operator picks up the phone when you make your inquiry.

Reckon Lee is saying much the same thing.

Sorry to hear of your misfortune and hope it works out well for you, just beware.

John

Edited by Blood Knot

honestly mate it woulda ended in fisty cuffs if that was me !!! I am short tempered as it is and in a situation like that mate i woulda gone nuts !!! You handled yourself well, I am sure all will work out but yeah what a hassle and some ppl ey..... We had some incosiderate ppl at the boat ramp today, I had to bite my tounge and turn away... wont go into it details but after what happened the shocker in a 4 knotts zone in lake illawarra put his 40hp to full throttle and proceded up the lake without a clue... I had to laugh as did the other fishos also furious at his selfish launching style...!!!

Ben

Mate it would have ended with u behind bars,if u resorted to violence. :busted_cop:

Dont get mad get even.Theres many ways to skin a ****,im sure u could find

something much more satisfying,and hopefully legal :biggrin2:

penguin

Edited by crazedfisherdude

Mate it would have ended with u behind bars,if u resorted to violence. :busted_cop:

Dont get mad get even.Theres many ways to skin a ****,im sure u could find

something much more satisfying,and hopefully legal :biggrin2:

penguin

Penguin, you are 100% right. Things have changed in the last 20 to 30 years. It is no longer acceptable, legally, to resolve grievances with fisticuffs. This is a 2 edged sword, as unfortunately the lowlifes know this and will behave in ways that 30 years ago they would have to have backed up. If they got their stupid effin face punched in and went crying to the police they would have laughed at them. These days, any softcock can call your wife an effin c in front of you, knowing they have the full protection of the law to do so. If you do what was once considered the right thing and drop them, you will be the criminal and you will face charges, conviction, implications for your job, etc.

The world is a good place, but it does have pimples on it.

Guys, another angle on the "Loosing it" take is that as its been said, the world has changed HEAPS. When I was a kid if you got in a fight it was pretty much straight up fisty cuffs. As I got older boots came into play, and vicious eye gouging (As in leave you blind) small hand weapons, knives and of course needles & guns.

I had a friend who was ex-SAS, in his later years with the army he actually trainned guys in hand to hand combat & in particular knives. He REALLY knew how to take care of himself as you can imagine. On his 42nd birthday he stepped out of a pub in Perth (Sober as) and accidentally bumped into a guy on the street who was walking past. Some words were said (Including "Sorry mate" from my friend) and 5 seconds later he was lying in a pool of his own intestines & blood. The guy had shrugged, turned to walk away then swung back around and stuck a 10" blade into my mates side, ripped from front to back & ran like a gazzelle on steroids into the carpark & gone. Witnesses reckon the guy was at most 16 years old!

You just never know these days what loon your gonna come across. With a young family & a darlin wife depending on me to come home safe everyday I find myself more & more biting my tounge even when I size up someone giving me grief & feel very confident I can "Take Em" I walk away.

Best advice I can offer when you feel the urge to throttle some waster is to take a deep breath & know in your heart that you dick will ALWAYS be bigger than his, (Its a confidence thing LOL)

Edited by Boofhead

Hmmmmmmmmmm the world is full of PR@#^S! :mad3:

These stories are all too familiar,,, Between myself an Greg both of us have had our cars F@#$%@ with by lowlifes. Greg has had it twice in the last 3 mths (SOME DOG SMASHED HIS BACK WINDOW OUT WHILST PARKED IN THE DRIVEWAY ON THIS FRIDAY JUST GONE) and he also had his car vandalised just before Xmas last year at Tunks. An I had my car sideswipped by a bloody bus october last year :ranting2:.

All of this incidents were not covered by insurance,,,, even in my case where i had the details of the bus! Not happy jan!!!!! We had to cover all of these expenses ourselfs insurance didnt want any part of it.

I say if your got a problem with a person approach them about it,,,, dont stab em in the back!!!

Just my 2 cents worth

Dan

Edited by Dan and Greg

Gdayyyyy all Raiders ,I know this hurts us all at times and there is not a lot you can do about it sometimes.

I have let this thread run for a while to let others know that it is not acceptable to honest people as ourselves too have our shit tampered with :ranting2:

Please do not post any more things pertaining to violence as that is not what we want to see on the forums.

If you can suggest any solutions to these problems apart from giving these assholes a hiding ,please feel to post them up .

Cheers Swordfisherman

Sorry about your mishap.

As everyone above has stated get your statement to the police within 24hrs.

It has happened to me a woman backed into my 4wd in a vacant block parking area (not legal parking) she was on her phone and didn't look.

I made her write and sign a statement that she was in the wrong. Lucky her husband wasn't there as he hit the roof that she admitted fault.

If he broke his reversing lights can't the repairer tell they were on by checking the filament or is that just a csi thing???

Good Luck with your insurance company.