Berkley Summer Series

The Iceman

Well that was an absolute shocker for me and my boater Mark

We had a good plan which should have worked but the river is still looking like coffee so the run of spots we had picked out held no bream by the time we decided to head back into Pittwaters clean water it was to late

I did get a chance to try some zoom brush hogs modified with the scissors as they are a bit long for bream under some boat hulls and they looked great(they did catch me a few annoying pike) cant wait to use them in the sydney harbour ABT bream tournie next weekend Ill give a full report on that one next week hopefully with a lot better result than the donut I got yesterday

If anyone is interested in fishing bream tournaments feel free to ask any questions

I fished the same tourny with Rich P. I was lucky enough to find some fish on the Saturday and thats where we headed Sunday over to Brisbane Waters. Unfortunately the tide was a lot lower and the fish made us wait but after a few frustrating moments we had our bag + a couple of upgrades. We then headed back to Pittwater looking for one big fish but twas not to be. Most of our fish were on surface plastics like ecogears and squidgy bugs. Continuing with Andrews sentiments if you have been thinking of fishing a Bream or Bass comp, give it a go. They are not for everyone and can be tedious but its a massive learning curve and if you keep your eyes and ears open you will discover a heap about bream/bass and there environment. Cheers Dave

Hey Iceman,

What's involved in entering the Sydney comp?

Would appreciate any info you could give me.

Thanx,

Rod.

First you have to become a member of the ABT If you get the Tournament Angler Guide at your newsagent all the forms and info is in the back of it as well as some great articles to read

Unfortunately you are to late for the sydney round as entrys closed last friday but it would be worth coming down to Bayview park Concord saturday and sunday afternoons around 2pm for the weighin

Well that was an absolute shocker for me and my boater Mark

Wasn't too bad a day, but i know what you mean by tough. We got a few to have weighed but was a little dissapointed that we didn't get more.

I'll keep an eye out for you on Saturday and if any other Raider members are there come over and say hi. Jason and i will be with his Fishfinder white Labsport. Always good to see a few fellow Raiders.

Remember, it dosen't matter how many you catch, it's still better than being at work !

We only managed 1 fish caught early in Pittwater on a popper. Headed into the Hawkesbury about 11 am but in hindsight should have stayed in Pittwater.

I've only started fishing the comps late last year (and for bream on lures about 9 months ago) having completed a couple of squidgy's rounds and the 1 summer series round. As stated it's a huge learning curve, can be really frustrating, but rewarding also. It's amazing how hard it can be to catch fish when the pressure is on. In fact for me, I have to keep myself from "thinking" too much instead of enjoying the time on the water.

This weekend I'm jumping way in the deep end, fishing my first ABT event as a non boater. Hopefully it will be more rewarding than frustrating...

Cheers, Greg