Haines Hunter 650 Classic

Guest AO7474

Looking to upgrade my Haines signature 580 bowrider to the new Haines Hunter 650 classic as all I mainly do now is fish rather than water ski.

I was wanting to hear good or bad comments from those that may own one or have been in one.

All comments appreciated.

The haines hunter 650 classic was one of the boats I considered before the Noble. IT is one classy hull. Handles the chop with ease but the layout only allws for fishing at the back . ALso it is a bit of a pina trying to anchor...have to step on the bunks. Have you considered the patriot series? I am a fan of walkarounds or centre cabs for fishing boats. CHeers kelvin

The Haines is a great Hull, many people are happy with them and their performance.The Patriot has very little fishing space, half cabin, half fishing space, although a great boat thru the chop, many people i know say it is its downfall, but then again i am looking at it from a purely fishing point of view, other great boats are the Cruisecraft Outsider or Explorer, with the latter having smaller bunks but more fishing space. You can look at the Stejcrafts, which for the money arent pretty bad. I also like the Trophy's, but budget will come into it. The Cougar Crafts are one nice rig after seeing "Off Tap" on a number of occasions up close, it is another one to consider, Kelvins Noble, well, that is out of all the Plate aluminium boats regarded to be the best in Oz. The crew of "Billistic" can attest to that, the amount of comps they have won and the caliber of fish they have tangled with is pretty impressive.

Guest AO7474

Hi all,

went for a ride in a Haines Hunter 650 classic last Friday down at Batemans Bay with John, the owner of Haines Hunter. What a top bloke and what a absolutely bulls*it hull. This thing had twin 115 etecs on the back and was an absolute weapon. I have had 4 boats over the last 10 years and I have never ever been in such a stable, solid hull, and I was fishing out on the shelf from Port Stephens 2 weeks ago in a Cruise craft 625 explorer. Not even close in comparison guys. Until you experience the ride you haven't been in a serious off shore boat. We were doing 80km in a stiff 20 knott breeze and 2 - 2.5 metre swell and not even a thud as we jumped and I mean,jumped the waves.

Guess what boat I am buying, no longer a choice, its a must have!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! with twin 115hp 4 stroke Yamahas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest lets go fishn

Hi all,

went for a ride in a Haines Hunter 650 classic last Friday down at Batemans Bay with John, the owner of Haines Hunter. What a top bloke and what a absolutely bulls*it hull. This thing had twin 115 etecs on the back and was an absolute weapon. I have had 4 boats over the last 10 years and I have never ever been in such a stable, solid hull, and I was fishing out on the shelf from Port Stephens 2 weeks ago in a Cruise craft 625 explorer. Not even close in comparison guys. Until you experience the ride you haven't been in a serious off shore boat. We were doing 80km in a stiff 20 knott breeze and 2 - 2.5 metre swell and not even a thud as we jumped and I mean,jumped the waves.

Guess what boat I am buying, no longer a choice, its a must have!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! with twin 115hp 4 stroke Yamahas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anthony Anthony Anthony i have a feeling you are fibbing a little noticed your nose growing at all?

80km in 2,5 swell

ANthony Anthony Anthony :1badmood::1badmood::1badmood:

Guest AO7474

Anthony Anthony Anthony i have a feeling you are fibbing a little noticed your nose growing at all?

80km in 2,5 swell

ANthony Anthony Anthony :1badmood::1badmood::1badmood:

Never told a fib on this site yet...........perhaps you should take the time out to take a test ride yourself buddy.

Guest lets go fishn

Can't wait to have a fish on the new boat. I don't know why you are asking for feed back as you know that the boat is a machine.

well i dont know why you post this post.

different points of views. pros and cons from fellow fishos as 1

Edited by lets go fishn

Guest AO7474

O morley O morley O morley

got to give you kingy secrets.

Jackos n Rose are back

How did I know that it was you............. Lets NOT go fishn.............especially in my new water vehicle.

Hows your soon to be artifical reef going?? back on the water yet??

Must catch up for a :beersmile: soon

Guest lets go fishn

:1prop::1prop::1prop:

for sure mate.

hitting broken bay saturday night for squid then kings first up in the morning.

word on the street is there are marlin in close.

couple free jumping @ barrenjoey yesterday might need the tiagra :074::074: .

have to catch up soon

cheers