Out For Kings, 01/03/07

netic

Hey guys, Just a quick report today

Both Sal and I had the day off today so we decided to go for a fish

Hit the water at about 5.45am and went hunting for squid...

Today was much easier for squid as we got 5 in 20 minutes.

Went to chase some king at a reef in hope of a nice large specimen

Started to Downrigg and first pass was a double hook up on rats...65cm each

Then a few more passes got us a few more rats all around the 65cm mark give or take a few cms.

We decided to chase some more squid and got another 4 in 1 hour and went back....

Once again got ratties.....got about 6-7 kings and then decided to come home....

Total tally was about 10 or so kings, dont know the exact number as all fish were released abd we didnt keep count in the commotion.

We were home by lunch time.....

Heres the only photo we took.

good work buddy i was VERY VERY jealous to say the least when i spoke to u this morning

and u said u were

FISSSSSSSHING!!!!!!!!!

:mad3: beats work mate.. but u boys still did well..

good work yet again..

cheers steve

mate they werent big kings but at least you got fish and kings at that... geez getting fussy mate lol

it would ha ve ben great out there yesterday to :)

Ben

Ben, Sal and I catch so many of these each week that we are only chasing larger ones now....the problem is that the rats dont allow your bait to get to the large ones.

Hopefully over the next 2 months as the rats move away we will see many more 1 metre plus kings landed

Edited by netic

sounds like a top day on the water.

were you fishing syd harbour

Yeah Mate, Sydney harbour has been fishing really well the last month, it is definately the place to be if your chasing kings.

Good work mate and nice report!

We were also out yesterday, what boat do you have?

There were plenty of squid around, we got on the water late and had 14 in the well in just under an hour. Then all we could manage is rats just under the 60cm mark and one legal! As they say, 'when the squid are around the kings(big kings) arn't'!

DAN

Well done Oz, sounds like a great day to me. last couple times we have been in search of kings absolutely nuffin..

So 60cm+ would make my day atm.

BTW mate have you had much luck with beakies and dollies this season?,

Cheers

Assassin

Well done Oz, sounds like a great day to me. last couple times we have been in search of kings absolutely nuffin..

So 60cm+ would make my day atm.

BTW mate have you had much luck with beakies and dollies this season?,

Cheers

Assassin

Mate at the moment there are heaps of kings around and they are good sizes, 9 out of ten fish we pull are legal, give me a yell and i can take you out to rip into some.

Mate i have given game fishing a break for the last month but i will get back into it soon.

Good work mate and nice report!

We were also out yesterday, what boat do you have?

There were plenty of squid around, we got on the water late and had 14 in the well in just under an hour. Then all we could manage is rats just under the 60cm mark and one legal! As they say, 'when the squid are around the kings(big kings) arn't'!

DAN

Mate its hard to miss my boat, its Got Netic down the side

We spent our entire trip south of middle head yesterday