Downrigging For Kingies In The Hacking

trentski

With all the great reports of people braining the kingfish in Pittwater and Middle Harbour (thanks Netic and Namesay for your inspirational reports) :thumbup: - I was wondering if anyone had any luck downrigging in the Hacking? With the abundance of squid around and no lack of kingfish I would think that would really be a viable option, not to mention there are some prime looking spots in some of the bays around the moorings.

Further to that I was curious to hear of anyone catching kingfish of any decent size in there. Anyone care to brag?

I tried in Yowie Bay moorings on Saturday (03/03/07) morning with a big live squid, lots of schools but no big takes. Something mauled my squid once he had died but can't be sure if it wasn't just pickers, although looked suspiciously like a shark. Was going to strip the remains and continue trolling but the misses had to go.

I rekon u should pick up a kingie or bonito anywhere in the bay from lilli pilli onwards around lilli pilli you should get around the morred boats theres a big hole there where u should get lost of kings and jews i always see ppl trolling and downrigging there

get your squid and make your way out to jibbon bombie

CFD

we were trolling along there on sunday and caught 6kg YFT, initally we thought we had a decent king because of the fight.

couldnt believe my eyes.

there was a lot of bait schools around but no takers.