Lured To The Bay

reelfisho

Hello fellow Raiders, This is my first report from an exciting activity in the late afternoon today. Finished work a little early today so I thought to myself...since I'm in coogee why not finish the day off with :1fishing1: . Sea breeze was light and the waters were calm. Drive pass the beach to Lureline Bay. Standing at the top looking over the bay, it seems like there's no activity and I was deciding whether to wet the line or not. Well, you'll never know what's in the water until you cast the lure. Off I went to my car and grab my rod, bucket and tackle box and ran down the edge to the rocks. took out my little 10g Gold Halco lure and cast it. In less that 3 mins while retriving the line...BANG!!! my reel started to sing. This crazy salmon was jumping in & out of the water but I managed to bring it near to where I was standing. It was still kicking hard while I was trying to lift it up to dry grond when suddenly a loud SNAP!!! my rod broke into 2 :1yikes: and I screammed :ranting2: But I realised the line isn't cut so I winding the remainder braid line with my hand and attempted to bring up the fish when again this time the line SNAP!!! :ranting2: Now this fish is already half dead and on the rocks, I jumped off the platform onto the rocks and grab it onto shore..that's my prize...my FIRST SAMBO...not going to lose it after that great fight. It measured 60cm and weights 2.5Kg.

post-2169-1173275943_thumb.jpg

Ran back to my car and grab my other rod with my heart thumping and could hardly breath due to the excitement. Cast again and BANG! another salmon of slightly smaller in size 58cm weigthing 2.2kg :thumbup::yahoo: I'm so excited.

The third cast again BANG! this time it was a harder fight..sure enuf, it wa a bigger fish and is crazy jumping out of the water countless times...then suddenly I could see it spat the lure. :ranting2: both the fish and lure fell into the water and upon looking at the lure, one of the treble hook snap!

Afte that, all went quiet ..not a bump... Anyways, I'm so happy today for my first salmons and also I can give them as b'day present & surprise to my girlfriend whose b'day is today. She was in awe when she saw the size of the fishes.

Great day, great time, great action in a quiet bay. I'm not worried abt the broken rod; there's always another rod but not another opportunity like this. Cheerio Raiders!!

It's me Reelfisho again with my other pics..i know you guys want pics as proof. here we go!!

Those are the fishes and my broen rod.

post-2169-1173276753_thumb.jpg

And here's me with the fishes (sorry abt my topless pic) :yahoo:

post-2169-1173276914_thumb.jpg

Like ya report.

Not the best eating though for me.

I salt then down for bait. I caught a jewie this year from a slab of salmon i got the week before.

I feed salmon to my cats they absolutely love it.

Cheers