Huge Boat In Cowan Creek

bullfrog

Did anybody see the magnificent ship which entered the Hawkesbury around midday today, eventually dropping anchor opposite the Cottage Point restaurant?

It was called the Bodicea and is the largest boat I have ever seen in the area. It is registered in George Town, but after doing a few searches it seems that it may be owned by Reg Grundy.

The hull was absolutely spotless, with a shine that would look great on any car!, my son took some photo's but sadly deleted them. If you get a chance, have a look at it - I'm sure it will be there for a day or so.

If anyone did take photo's, please post them. It is a beautiful ship and worth a look.

Cheers,

Yes, the Bodicea was in Sydney harbour in December as well.

The good news is you can hire it too......as long as you have veeeeeery deep pockets.

It hires for US$490,000 PER WEEK!!! Oh to be that rich eh?

Here's some stats. on this vessel:

Delivered in 1999 by Amels, this yacht offers superb facilities for entertaining and long distance cruising. An elegant Terence Disdale interior incorporates accommodation for up to 12 guests in 5 doubles and 2 twin cabins plus a limited number of staff (upon request). The living areas are numerous including 2 salons, an observation lounge, 2 formal dining areas and a breakfast bar gallery. Each area is cleverly divided up into cosy rooms, creating an intimate atmosphere despite being on a yacht of over 70 meters in length. An authentic cinema with 14 seats and a stage together with vast deck areas, including a beautiful tiled swimming pool (with jet stream) on the sundeck, complete the picture.

Tender and Toys:

1x 26ft custom jet boat with 115hp engine · 1x 29ft tender with 115hp engine · 2x 18ft Ribtec Jet landing crafts with 100hp engine · 2x 700cc Yamaha waverunnners (2 man) · 4x windsurfers · 1x Laser sailing dinghies · 1x 2-man kayak · 2x single kayaks · waterskis & tows · fishing gear · snorkelling gear

Entertainment:

· televisions, videos & DVD · Cinema with 14 seats and stage · satellite television · stereo music systems · piano · swimming pool with jet current · gymnasium · barbecue

Engines

2x 2600hp

Here's a pic of it in the Harbour.

post-1685-1173520324_thumb.jpg

Pete.

Edited by MallacootaPete

Did anybody see the magnificent ship which entered the Hawkesbury around midday today,

Cheers,

Yeah, i did see the beast and was impressed. Biggest boat i've seen in tha river by far.

Did you also see that old war plane (looked like a Hercules?) flying very low through the river? Now that was a bizzare sight :1yikes: We were all blown away.

Regards

Red