Knots For Braid

trentski

I have been using mono lines for a long time but do run braid on my baitcaster outfit. I generally connect the braid to a mono leader via an Allbright knot. Is this the best way to go? Also what is the best knot for tying braid to a swivel?

I have been using mono lines for a long time but do run braid on my baitcaster outfit. I generally connect the braid to a mono leader via an Allbright knot. Is this the best way to go? Also what is the best knot for tying braid to a swivel?

Not sure Trentski as I also use mono myself but I'm sure some of our Braid-e-Bunch members will help you soon.

But it may pay you to come to the Fishraider Workshop on March 15th as there wil be demonstrations of

all knots and what is best for all lines.

Here is the link to the Workshop

Cheers,

Pete.

Edited by MallacootaPete

Hey mate

I use the Uni to uni knot to join braid to mono I know alot of guys use the albight method also

use the knots link at the top off the page to view how to tie a uni knot

Cheers

Coollamon

Edited by coollamon

Thanks for the heads up Pete but I am working late that day and can't make the workshop :1badmood: otherwise I would have attended for sure. I will keep an eye out for the workshops in the future, I'd love to catch up with some of the raiders, I'll have to keep an eye out for the socials too.

Collamon, I have used the uni knot plenty of times with mono so I will give that a go.

Thanks for all your help guys. Anyone else have any further suggestions. I always like learning new knots.

Trent

The knot i use to tie braided line to swivel is the Palomar Knot, it provides good strength. Or you can try the triple Palomar knot which gives more strength

Thanks dailow, that's a new one for me so I'll give it a go. I noticed the triple palomar knot was "knot" in the knot's link on the website. If anyone's interested I found it here: Triple Palomar Knot

Geoff Wilson's Encyclopedia of Knots and Rigs has a good section on Super Lines ( Braids and Dacron etc).

He has a couple of good ones for joining Braid to mono, one being the twisted leader knot where you twist the braid around the mono about 20 times and then do a 4 times repeated overhand knot feeding the whole mono leader through the loop each time then carefully pull it up tight. Looks neat and tests well. The more complex one is the Braid Leader knot which allows longer mono leaders as wind on if you require.

As for tying braid to a swivel he suggests the Triple Palomar or a Braid Ring Knot or you could Cat's Paw a Bimini Loop onto the swivel as I have done quite successfully.

It's a good book and I bought a copy on eBay with a DVD of some of his knots included for only $20.00