Sydney Harbour

Piss'n'Broke

Hey All

Had a interesting day out with Greg today! He pickup me up at 4.30am @ Tunks with 13 freshly caught squid on the boat already! :biggrin2::thumbup:

Fished quarantine for 6hrs from 6.30-12.30pm end result for the day was 8 kingys boated for which 6 were legal! Had another 7 bustoffs :1badmood::1badmood:. And another keeper dropped at the side of the boat! FUMING!!!

All fish were caught on squid!!! A couple of the bustoffs we suspect were sharks,,, screaming runs Zzzzzzzzzzzzz on our 15kg shimanos an ping! frayed an scuffed leader,,,, whatt do you all think? Big kingys or sharks eating our kingys????

Today was the first time ever we have had to push our overheads, tyrnos 30 an tld 2speed over the strike drag for a kingy!!!! We got monstered with 8kgs of preset drag......... DAMN!

Good day overall! Nice to meet savage 73! Did you manage to pickup any kingys mate?

Dan an Greg

They went as hard as my PB kingy of 92cm!! Caught sharks before an it was nutting like this...............Alot of the time our leader line came up completely gone (50-80cm) . If our leader wasnt completely gone, they came up very scuffed!

Im thinking sharks picking off an easy feed. What r your thoughts?

Dan an Greg

Hmmmm

Thanks guys my gut instinct says shark! damn things lol :1fishing1: On one partiulary big run, greg my older brother lost 50MS of line in less than 5 secs i kid you not!!!!!

Out of curiosity who was the raider @ the yellow marker @ qurantine in a yellow half cab with a big raider stick on the side?????

D & G

Edited by Dan and Greg

Hey All

Had a interesting day out with Greg today! He pickup me up at 4.30am @ Tunks with 13 freshly caught squid on the boat already! :biggrin2::thumbup:

Fished quarantine for 6hrs from 6.30-12.30pm end result for the day was 8 kingys boated for which 6 were legal! Had another 7 bustoffs :1badmood::1badmood:. And another keeper dropped at the side of the boat! FUMING!!!

All fish were caught on squid!!! A couple of the bustoffs we suspect were sharks,,, screaming runs Zzzzzzzzzzzzz on our 15kg shimanos an ping! frayed an scuffed leader,,,, whatt do you all think? Big kingys or sharks eating our kingys????

Today was the first time ever we have had to push our overheads, tyrnos 30 an tld 2speed over the strike drag for a kingy!!!! We got monstered with 8kgs of preset drag......... DAMN!

Good day overall! Nice to meet savage 73! Did you manage to pickup any kingys mate?

Dan an Greg

G'day guy's, It was great to meet you guy's. I ended up with two kingies about 72cm. It was a great day out looking forward to the weekend already. See you guy's on the water

Hi Dan,

I went to the yellow marker yesterday late afternoon and down rigged 10cm yakkas around it for about three hours. I got busted off five times on new 30lb braid and 1.5m of 60lb flouro leader :1badmood::1badmood:

I didn't boat a single fish :(

We had the same scenario as you big runs then ping!! Gone!

I am new to braid and can't work out where the weakness is, on one bust off the braid was all fluffy but on the other four it was surgically clean cut, all the leaders were gone.

Does any one have an opinion on what’s happening? Is it my knots failing? There were no piggy tails like you get from a bad knot on mono.

Cheers

Robbie.

Thanks for all the responses!

Good to hear you got some savage!!!! :1fishing1::1fishing1:

Hmmmm another possible idea for these bustoffs is perhaps new structure down there which we are not aware of,,,, like the 3-5 anchors with tailing ropes coming up to within a few foot of the surface that were their 2 years ago?

I think I might have to ask or bribe a mate or two to have a dive out there for us :beersmile:

Brothers in blood

D & G

Mate my gut tells me Sharks....we got busted off last weekend a few times.....all but one time the Trace was shaven bad.......the other was a straighten hook which im sure was a king....

We were out yesterday and manged nothing by rats between 55cm to 65cms.....

No big bust offs for us yesterday.....

They last couple of times I've been out we tried alot of places and haven't had any big hits on our fresh squid. Say 30 hits on fresh squid and no kings over 65cm

So, yeah I'd say sharks

Also under a week ago I tried the yellow marker for the smallest kings i've seen

Im no expert but with the frayed leader did the fish swim acorrs the surface or straight for the bottom?

Normally if the fishing is swimming on the surface it is probably a shark.

8 kings gotta be rapped with that.

cheers james