Clifton Gardens 15/3/07

PPSGT

Hi Raiders!.

As per my post earlier today I was on a mission to go fishing afterwork today - with everything

planned out in minute detail. Went into the bosses office today at 3.30 hoping we didnt have a meeting

and he says "i'm leaving early" so I reply "i need to go pick up my birthday present from the post office can

I leave early" - he gave the OK , then walks into my office at 4.25 says "I'm Off now are you?"

Bang I was out the door. Epping road was clear and I make it to the Lane Cove Coles express to pick up

my premium bait. The guy behing the counter just gets abag ready now when I walk in the door, as he doesnt like touching the stinky bait. The pillies look as good a condition as the sausage rolls in the warmer,

so no dinner..... Purchased bait and some new hooks today with the $20 Nanna sent me for my birthday.

I'm 32 and she still sends me money in a card....

4.35 Arrive home - run upstairs grab rod & drinks

4.40 boat hitched to trailer double check everything and I'm off.

4.45-5.30 fight peak hour traffic, arrive at Northbridge BP

5.31 Cant decide if I want the 2 day old sausage roll or the luke warm pie - choose the pie

5.35 Arrive at ramp - set boat up and launching

6.15 arrive at Clifton gardens - Nothing on the sounder

6.25 Anchor up 20 meters fromthe white can , through out pillies pieces

6.26 Unweighted pillie head goes out

6.27 nibble, nibble a nice bream is landed, I turn around to look at the sounder, it is now full of fish

with a big dark streak that has chased up the bream - bream is released, another handfull of

pillie pieces go out - another unweighted pillie goes out

6.28 - nibble , nibble - the rod loads up and its on - the reel is screaming its head off as the fish releases

those pillies pieces werent free....

Fish make a big solid run, and keeps running and running luckily in the opposite direction of the

cans mooring rope. I start pumping and winding but the fish isnt having any of it - 6kg straight to the

hook and this fish is heading for the bottom.

6.30 More pumping , more winding, more lost line

6.31 Still loosing line - reel still screaming, rod still bent

6.33 Pump and wind fish to the boat - fish see's net, and its off again

6.34 Turn fish and now start to gain line

6.35 A nice king is boated goes 83cm on the lie detector!

With the half an hour gained I'm pretty much on on track to my schedule.

More pillies go out, and I get a run as soon as it hits the water - the reel screams off, the line

clears the water and a nice seagull is hooked.... After a short but courageous battle a nice seagull

is landed. With only me on the boat - this is going to be hard, luckily it was only hooked through the

beak - so a rags put over its head the hooks is removed and the seagull is off to fight another day.

Line back in the water - more pilles pieces , another 2 hooks but they spat the hooks.

Got talking to a guy in a kyak about fishing and squidding , so pretty much stopped fishing

Got a few more bites and runs, but wasnt really concentrating as my best mate was on the phone telling

their having another baby so I'm just throwing out more bait without a line in the water.

Its 7.15 so the anchor light goes on - I hang up the phone throw in another unweighted pillie along with some more burley and 30 secs later i'm on again another king is landed.

7.40 I fast running out of bait it- getting more runs and touches so throw in all the last scraps and

the last pillie head and miss a good hookup. The sounder is choka-block and I'm out of bait so I

clean the bait board up and pull the anchor.

7.50 begin return journey back to ramp Victorious :thumbup:

8.30 Back at ramp

8.40 Boat back on trailer

9.15 Back at home

9.23 Sally's home from work 10 minutes early, while I'm still cleaning boat

Have you been :1fishing1: ? No just testing the boat

Big tail spotted hanging out of fish box - busted! :1yikes::1fish:

Explained boat ran excellent - fish was a bonus! Sat Night Dinner party menu now sorted

9.27 In the shower

9.35 Just in time for Law & Order .... as Mr Burns says "Excellent..."

The perfect crime is completed.......not

well I probably would have got busted anyway

The bream, small king and seagull were all released. I think the seagull was undersized anyway.

Heres some pics:

post-2971-1173961465_thumb.jpg

83cm :thumbup:

post-2971-1173961550_thumb.jpg

Maybe 60cm got him back in the water ASAP didnt measure

- I need to get a better size guide than my torch :wacko:

post-2971-1173961681_thumb.jpg

The sounder went from blank from surface to bottom to like this - full of kings :)

just before each hook up.

When the kings chased the bream there was one of those thick black lines

(that how kings show up on my sounder at anchor - get arches when moving)

from the bottom to the top of the screen

post-2971-1173962028_thumb.jpg

Sally took this photo - she really doesnt mind me going fishing. She came to the kingy social

and realised I'm not the only addicted fishing tragic out there...

there's a whole website full of them!!!!!

post-2971-1173962628_thumb.jpg

I love it when a plan comes together!

Jason

Edited by PPSGT

Excellent (and funny) report Jason.

Now that's planning for you...down to the minute!!

I think you should get a job running the State's trains... :074:

Great kingy on 6lb line and servo pillies...Just goes to show that these kings

will just about go for anything if they are on the chew.

Glad the :wife: didn't go off on you and she sees the enjoyment you get from fishing.

Keep theose reports a coming.

Cheers,

Pete.

Hi Raiders!.

As per my post earlier today I was on a mission to go fishing afterwork today - with everything

planned out in minute detail. Went into the bosses office today at 3.30 hoping we didnt have a meeting

and he says "i'm leaving early" so I reply "i need to go pick up my birthday present from the post office can

I leave early" - he gave the OK , then walks into my office at 4.25 says "I'm Off now are you?"

Bang I was out the door. Epping road was clear and I make it to the Lane Cove Coles express to pick up

my premium bait. The guy behing the counter just gets abag ready now when I walk in the door, as he doesnt like touching the stinky bait. The pillies look as good a condition as the sausage rolls in the warmer,

so no dinner..... Purchased bait and some new hooks today with the $20 Nanna sent me for my birthday.

I'm 32 and she still sends me money in a card....

4.35 Arrive home - run upstairs grab rod & drinks

4.40 boat hitched to trailer double check everything and I'm off.

4.45-5.30 fight peak hour traffic, arrive at Northbridge BP

5.31 Cant decide if I want the 2 day old sausage roll or the luke warm pie - choose the pie

5.35 Arrive at ramp - set boat up and launching

6.15 arrive at Clifton gardens - Nothing on the sounder

6.25 Anchor up 20 meters fromthe white can , through out pillies pieces

6.26 Unweighted pillie head goes out

6.27 nibble, nibble a nice bream is landed, I turn around to look at the sounder, it is now full of fish

with a big dark streak that has chased up the bream - bream is released, another handfull of

pillie pieces go out - another unweighted pillie goes out

6.28 - nibble , nibble - the rod loads up and its on - the reel is screaming its head off as the fish releases

those pillies pieces werent free....

Fish make a big solid run, and keeps running and running luckily in the opposite direction of the

cans mooring rope. I start pumping and winding but the fish isnt having any of it - 6kg straight to the

hook and this fish is heading for the bottom.

6.30 More pumping , more winding, more lost line

6.31 Still loosing line - reel still screaming, rod still bent

6.33 Pump and wind fish to the boat - fish see's net, and its off again

6.34 Turn fish and now start to gain line

6.35 A nice king is boated goes 83cm on the lie detector!

With the half an hour gained I'm pretty much on on track to my schedule.

More pillies go out, and I get a run as soon as it hits the water - the reel screams off, the line

clears the water and a nice seagull is hooked.... After a short but courageous battle a nice seagull

is landed. With only me on the boat - this is going to be hard, luckily it was only hooked through the

beak - so a rags put over its head the hooks is removed and the seagull is off to fight another day.

Line back in the water - more pilles pieces , another 2 hooks but they spat the hooks.

Got talking to a guy in a kyak about fishing and squidding , so pretty much stopped fishing

Got a few more bites and runs, but wasnt really concentrating as my best mate was on the phone telling

their having another baby so I'm just throwing out more bait without a line in the water.

Its 7.15 so the anchor light goes on - I hang up the phone throw in another unweighted pillie along with some more burley and 30 secs later i'm on again another king is landed.

7.40 I fast running out of bait it- getting more runs and touches so throw in all the last scraps and

the last pillie head and miss a good hookup. The sounder is choka-block and I'm out of bait so I

clean the bait board up and pull the anchor.

7.50 begin return journey back to ramp Victorious :thumbup:

8.30 Back at ramp

8.40 Boat back on trailer

9.15 Back at home

9.23 Sally's home from work 10 minutes early, while I'm still cleaning boat

Have you been :1fishing1: ? No just testing the boat

Big tail spotted hanging out of fish box - busted! :1yikes::1fish:

Explained boat ran excellent - fish was a bonus! Sat Night Dinner party menu now sorted

9.27 In the shower

9.35 Just in time for Law & Order .... as Mr Burns says "Excellent..."

The perfect crime is completed.......not

well I probably would have got busted anyway

The bream, small king and seagull were all released. I think the seagull was undersized anyway.

Heres some pics:

post-2971-1173961465_thumb.jpg

83cm :thumbup:

post-2971-1173961550_thumb.jpg

Maybe 60cm got him back in the water ASAP didnt measure

- I need to get a better size guide than my torch :wacko:

post-2971-1173961681_thumb.jpg

The sounder went from blank from surface to bottom to like this - full of kings :)

just before each hook up.

When the kings chased the bream there was one of those thick black lines

(that how kings show up on my sounder at anchor - get arches when moving)

from the bottom to the top of the screen

post-2971-1173962028_thumb.jpg

Sally took this photo - she really doesnt mind me going fishing. She came to the kingy social

and realised I'm not the only addicted fishing tragic out there...

there's a whole website full of them!!!!!

post-2971-1173962628_thumb.jpg

I love it when a plan comes together!

Jasonfantastica mate, well done . love the bit about the seagull; now you know what it feels like to fly a kite on our waterways.excellent report.

tight lines.

twin1

What a top report there Jason.

Sure does make for a good read.

When are you going out again as I am already looking forward to your next report. :074: