First Fish @ New Spot.

G'day all.

I had a look at some maps recently & found a nice little place called Dunbible Creek about 8-10 mins from my place. I've been checking it out a bit lately. Looks like a great spot to canoe down looking for some wild Bass. I've found a couple of shorebased access points that look fishy enough but on my last 5 trips I hadn't landed a fish. A couple of missed surface strikes & seeing some big boofs had kept me interested enough to keep going back. I knew it would produce. :biggrin2:

So after dorpping the kids at daycare I grabbed my rod & pulled up at the first spot. It's a swimming hole & looks the goods. I tied on a 'bubble pop 45' in gold & brown. After 5 mins a fish surface fed & I dropped the popper on top of it. I big swirl but no hookup. I twitched the popper & it got smacked. Bloody hell, there are fish in here! Not a big fella at 28cm's but I was rapt.

No more hits there so I started off home & decide to stop at a little farm access bridge for a few casts.

First cast & a swirl at the lure but no hookup. I peppered that area to no avail. Then I fired a cast wider near a submerged branch. Just as the lure got near the branch there was a massive explosion that scared the crap out of me. I thought it had missed until I saw my line arcing for the log. Oh no you don't! I locked up on it & turned it just before it got home. :thumbup: It put up a great fight before I lifted it out. What a beautiful fish! 42cm's of wild bass from the shore in a little creek less than 10 mins from home. :yahoo:

My new p.b.

Took a couple of pics before a careful release & then headed home a happy camper. It was 10.30a.m when I got that fish. I can't wait to fish up there in the evening/night or to access some more water in a canoe or yak. Hope you enjoy the pics.

Cheers,

Grant.

p.s. The times in the camera haven't been changed to daylight saving time!!!

Top job there Grant! :thumbup: Who would have thought there's fish in those wilderness. At least you've found your new "BACKYARD". :biggrin2: Btw, congrats on the new p.b.

Cheers,

Ronald

Thanks Ron.

I'll be making a general fishing report soon on fishing in my real backyard. :biggrin2:

There alot of options & I'm really enjoying Bass atm. :thumbup:

Cheers,

Grant.

:thumbup::yahoo: That's awesome, mate! Such a lovely, fat bass so close to home! :1yikes: Congrats on the PB - I'm sure you'll be setting plenty of PBs up there at Murwillumbah. Those Bubble Pops definitely work - I was chucking one in one of the busiest, shallowest, least-bassy parts of Manly Dam (when I was up there with some mates trying to catch carp) to practice my popping technique. It got hit! Twice! Didn't strike because I was in shock... :biggrin2:

Flattieman.

Edited by Flattieman

i was honestly, just about to pm you my secret bass spot but then i looked at your profile and worked out its 838klms from you

:Funny-Post::074::074:

Thanks for thinking of me anyway mate!

There are plenty of hot spots up here. I just need the time to explore & work them out! :biggrin2:

Cheers,

Grant.