Carp Spots Nsw And Around Sydney

vitsyk

Greetings

I don't often fish for carp, probably because of the taste but every now and then they become localy abundant in the top end of the Georges river and a particular form of lunacy takes hold and I just can't help myself. The thing is that I just can't sit there and watch these big fish swim past without having some sort of go at them.

All the usual baits will work on them at various times but I find that there are occasions when nothing works, I guess thats why it's called fishing and not catching.

Anywhere in the Georges river above Milperra might hold them. Chipping Norton lake has many quiet corners where they might be. You just have to look for them. The mouth of Lake Moore is also a good area to look and I often spot them along the edges on the run from the lake to the weir at Liverpool.

They are at their best after rain when the lake gets dirty (Like right now)

The other place where carp can be found in numbers is the Nepean river above Walacia weir all the way to Bents Basin.

Henry

<o)))><

Guest Aussie007

i dont know if the carp are still around this area back in the early 90's there were loads of carp in the creek between the two cabramatta golf corses at the bottom of the hill on orange grove rd also behind crispy cream and harvey norman same road near the golf corse just go for a walk down along the creek

try at wallacia near penrith.

its connected to the nepean river, and theres some very easy access spots near the road bridge. Try used a float and use bread or dough for bait, suspended half way down.

I suggest you don't go there for a couple of weeks, i drove past there on Wednesday and the river looked like coffee with mould on top (weed)

if u need directions on how to get there, pm me or reply here

Hey guys

Does anyone know any good spots to fish carp???

Could be some lakes in NSW , some area in Sydney?

Would like to go and try?

:1fishing1:

minamurra,coomaditchy lagoon at port kembla.mullet creek,centenial park.give any fresh water dam or lake a go,carp spead like wildfire.

i think any bit of fresh water in sydney, holds carp

lately i have noticed alot of them in the pattamatta river near the "riverbank shopping centre" in the heart of parramatta

the river has been drained in this area recently, so you have flat concret on both sides to walk on

i have been thinking of going down and trying to get some big carp on fly, as you can sight fish

remember mate, that carp are a pest in australia so you must kill your catch even if you dont intend to eat it, and in australia we dont intend to eat them!!!!

Hi vitsyk,

Closest good spot for you to go carp fishing might be Manly Dam.

Used to be heaps of big ones in there. Perhaps some Northern Beaches Raiders can confirm?

As an added bonus, the dam has been stocked on a number of occasions with one of our premier native fish, the Australian bass.

And many, many years ago, with trout. But in view of the long, hot, drought of the last 10 years or so, I doubt whether there are many of those left.

It's a very nice spot for some freshwater fishing from the bank. Although it does become crowded at weekends, particularly during the summer. So best to fish during the week, if you can manage it.

Regards,

Bob

vitsyk

what tecknics did you use back home for carp are they different to what we call carp.

i hate carp not only are they pests but i find them bloody hard to catch! its very frustrating when you can see them in 2 foot of water and they just wont take a hook

maybe we can tell you how to apply your tecknics to different species in australia

rpl

any bit of fresh water even polluted , will hold carp i gaurentee it, look in the ubd find a creek and they will be there.

you will also be suprised, you can catch bass small polluted creeks.

i dont know the shire very well but find some fresh water and there will be carp i promise