Air Tight Storage Containers

groperman

gday guys, just wondering anyone know where i can get an air tight storage containers? I want to use it as a live tank with an aerator. The current storage container ive got is about 50L, but the problem is that when the boat is moving the water is splashing out side to side because the container is not air tight sealed. Help please to where i can get one thats air tight? Cheers! :Tumb up:

Dean

gday guys, just wondering anyone know where i can get an air tight storage containers? I want to use it as a live tank with an aerator. The current storage container ive got is about 50L, but the problem is that when the boat is moving the water is splashing out side to side because the container is not air tight sealed. Help please to where i can get one thats air tight? Cheers! :Tumb up:

Dean

I think you can get those big blue acid type containers of about 50 litres with a screw on lid. Not sure where to get them though.

I dont think you want a fully air tight lid. You probably want a "reasonably watertight" lid. You will probably have to drill some holes somewhere to get your aerator tube in anyway.

cheers

Rod

im not quite sure what type of container your talking about mate?

I just did a bit of a google trying too look for a photo of one ... im at work and havent got time for a good look right now .... i might try again tonight if i remember to look on my slow dial up at home !

Dean, my brother uses an icebox as a livewell. I think the brand is a Tropical, but any icebox will do. He has rigged a pump to fill and empty it easily, as well as an aerater. Keeps his fish alive for 7 hours during a tournament.

Cheers, Greg

I think you can get those big blue acid type containers of about 50 litres with a screw on lid. Not sure where to get them though.

I dont think you want a fully air tight lid. You probably want a "reasonably watertight" lid. You will probably have to drill some holes somewhere to get your aerator tube in anyway.

cheers

Rod

You talking about this type of thing mate?

post-1033-1175063705_thumb.jpg

You talking about this type of thing mate?

post-1033-1175063705_thumb.jpg

Thats them !!!!

Good work KingsRule

They are almost a throw aways for people in the industry (im not in the industry) They probably have some deposit value to return them to the supplier.

Ive seen people with them for sale for $10-$30 used.

Maybe scan ebay or the trading post.

Mate,

If you know anyone that works for the NSW Firebrigades and works at Hazmat, they use recovery bins for spills, ask them.

Canoe shops often sell drums with screw tops. They usually have a bung in the bottom which would be useful for plumbing.

You would also find what you want from a home brew supply store

Also in the+_+_) camping section!

Edited by Michaelr