Big Flatties

houmous2001

no the two big big ones were 81 and 76cm and we released them .. they were a double hook up ... the two my lil bro is holding are 68 and 73 and yes we kept them ... sorry.... got a lil gready

Mate don't apologise, it annoys me when people have a crack at people for keeping fish within the law. :1prop:

how big was the bream?

where is abbostford wharf?

abotsford wharf is down near five dock, it's where the ferries leave from. Every night of the week there are a lot of people down there fishing etc, but I don't think it's all that special.

Guest Plastic Fanatic

Great fish there fellas ... well done! :thumbup::thumbup:

Reckon you might have Flattieman writhing in his chair in a cold sweat when he sees them :tease:

is it to much to ask not to keep big flatties,keep as many as you want under 70 but let the big ones go,and to get 2 that big on a double hook up.....i dont give a damn what others say about keeping big flatties but as everyone nows there the big girls.why keep them there plenty other fish to keep out there that taste good.

is it to much to ask not to keep big flatties,keep as many as you want under 70 but let the big ones go,and to get 2 that big on a double hook up.....i dont give a damn what others say about keeping big flatties but as everyone nows there the big girls.why keep them there plenty other fish to keep out there that taste good.

Brettoes.

It is every anglers right to do with what they please with a legal capture.

Please read the site rules & take note of rule 15.

P.M me if you don't understand any of the rules.

Any more imposing of C&R views will see this topic closed.

Jewhunter,

Site Admin.

Guys, the first marlin my dad caught up at Brunswick heads(he lives there) , he kept. Following that, he has never landed one and kept.

The first one I ever caught in Sydney , I let go.

The problem is that it would be vey easy to get into a debate as to wheather to catch and keep, or catch and release.

If you catch a big fish(of any description)........ then great, if you really want too, keep it.

Once you've landed one though, the rest of the biggies go back.

Is this a bad theory, or am I on the money........

Would love to hear from the raiders.!

PS. Please don't be literal, Should I catch my first 300kg swordfish, I promise to release it!

Lets not open this can of worms please Stumpy. :(

Please keep this thread on topic.

Cheers,

Grant.

Sorry mate, I'm working in Canberra at the moment and the political stuff must be rubbing off.!!!

I'll go and take a shower.....

Well done on some awesome lizards there mate!!!!!!!!!!

YUMMY!

Im not going to get into a "CAN OF WORMS"!!!!! Dont want that.

To get two of that size flatheads is a great effort. My pb is just shy of 1M. Awesome fight these "mussas" put up, zzzZZZzzzz. Just like i can imagine yours would have :thumbup:

D & G

Brettoes.

It is every anglers right to do with what they please with a legal capture.

Please read the site rules & take note of rule 15.

P.M me if you don't understand any of the rules.

Any more imposing of C&R views will see this topic closed.

Jewhunter,

Site Admin.

thanks jew hunter... i for one am always releasing fish and i fish almost 3-4times a week so for me to keep some fish is very rare .. i understand the preservation of fish is important but also if they read my post carefully it states only one was over 70cm that i kept i released the other two and kept another under 70cm ... besides its legal to keep 2 fish over 70cm ....

so thanks for sticking up for me :0 cheers