Hen And Chicken Bay 30/3/07

gio

Just a quick report on some fishing i did on Saturday with my mate mickysacca and his dad Joe with such a good day we decided to spent a couple of hours wetting a line and flicking some plastics. Initial plan was to head over to cabarita but with a wedding taking place or something there was absolutely no parking :thumbdown: so we headed back and went to the end of zoeller st where the back of Massey Pk golf course meets the water. The breeze was pretty strong and flicking a soft plastic was a bit of an effort. Spend most of my time throwing the plastics parralel with the foot bridge a few bumps but no hookups. Joe was fishing with bait and he got a small whiting and a solid hit which busted his leader all on prawns :1yikes: . By about 4pm the afternoon breeze turned into a cold wind, being in a t-shirt shorts and thongs this was rather unpleasant :ranting2: . To get out of the wind i began throwing my pink smilin jack around in the canal that runs under the footbridge back in towards the golf course. The canal is about 5m wide and a couple of feet deep. After a couple of casts i got what i thought was a solid bump, but being a little canal thought nothing of it (probably just a snag) Tried to give the bay another go but it was just too bloody cold. Changed over to a pumpkinseed bass minnow and started flicking it in the canal again, by this stage my mate mickysacca has come and started fishing the canal and just aswell (he wouldnt of believed what happened next unless he witnessed it himself) cos within the next few casts on the rerieve in about a foot or 2 of water about 1.5m off the bank i got a solid hit and a hook up zzzzzzzzzzz :074::thumbup: off he goes towards the bridge, "No you dont i say" and in less than a minute i land my pb bream on a bass minnow he goes just shy of 30cm mickysacca was kind enough to take a couple of pics. :yahoo: . After that we stayed another half hour and decided to call it quits. Not a huge amount of fish caught but good fun nonetheless.

post-1489-1175571550_thumb.jpg

post-1489-1175571515_thumb.jpg

Edited by gio

we fished sunday around the figtree bridge. hooked up around 10 ok bream in round 1hr just near the sand flats on the eastern side.

hooked a beauty of 30cm on the western side of the bridge a few hours after.

we moved over to the wall area near abbostford rowning club..(i think its quarintine bay)?????

heaps of tailor smashing all lures.i was using camos and hooked a few nice bream there too.

does anyone know any good spots around the area there from bream etc... both landbased and boat? unfamiliar with the areas but launching at Drummoyne ramp if on boat.......

thanks

well done on the pb bream great effort. I'm surprised you didn't catch a few flaties, i always seem to get one bream for every 5 flaties at h&c, although i'm always land based if that makes a difference.

we fished sunday around the figtree bridge. hooked up around 10 ok bream in round 1hr just near the sand flats on the eastern side.

hooked a beauty of 30cm on the western side of the bridge a few hours after.

we moved over to the wall area near abbostford rowning club..(i think its quarintine bay)?????

heaps of tailor smashing all lures.i was using camos and hooked a few nice bream there too.

does anyone know any good spots around the area there from bream etc... both landbased and boat? unfamiliar with the areas but launching at Drummoyne ramp if on boat.......

thanks

G'day mate. Type Hen & Chicken or H.C Bay into the search engine & you will find all the info you need. :biggrin2:

Cheers,

Grant